Gek2Win's Mods and Customs

Gek2Win

Gek2Win's Mods and Customs

Post by Gek2Win » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:04 pm

A little preemptive, as I am unable to take pictures of said mods and customs at the moment, but you can expect them relatively soon. I don't have a ton of expendable income, so I tend not to buy duplicates, so that's why proper customising is off the table. Also I don't think I'd be very good at it (trouble with the hands, yasee). But I have made a few things, so like I said you can expect that soon. But don't be too expectant, it's not going to blow you away.

Gek2Win

Re: Gek2Win's Mods and Customs

Post by Gek2Win » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:05 pm

So, here's my first two:

Regenerated 4th Doctor Mod

All I've done is put sharpie on the waistcoat in order to actually make it black, and here's the result. Not too bad. Hard to see though.

9th Doctor (black jumper)

Simple really. Used a sharpie again to colour in the jumper. Not that great, really messed up the neck, but ah well.

That's all for now. Don't expect much else, but I thought I'd share what I have tried.

Avon

Post by Avon » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:58 pm

You've done a grand job on the waistcoat! Really nice clean professional finish, shame they never did paint that, with Eccleston, if you wanted to fix his neck, rubbing alcohol or really, any alcohol should remove the paint (I say this, it may react with the plastic so be careful), I too have trouble with my hands, arthritis in all my fingers and wrists, and short sighted vision and never ware my glasses so painting can be, fun at times :lol: so I can relate. Citadel paints might work better on the jumper perhaps, they're a few pounds for a tub of one color and the works sell a pack of five decent paint brushes for £2 of varying sizes, if you wanted to go that route. You know, the red jumper, I know it's iconic and all apparently but I never could stand it due to the amount of times we got it! Green, black, blue, purple, any colour but red! As any dusty B&M set can testify..

Koth2

Post by Koth2 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:28 pm

Great work. A good start. If you het a pot of skin tone and a brush you can correct that 9. You'll get more adventurous and get better.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Koth2 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:28 pm
Great work. A good start. If you het a pot of skin tone and a brush you can correct that 9. You'll get more adventurous and get better.
Thanks.