Sparrow's Collection of Miniature Plastic Friends

Avon

Re: Sparrow's Collection of Miniature Plastic Friends

Post by Avon »

Yesssssss! You got a dalek set!! Exxcellent :lol: And I'm jealous about your Jodie figures, Graham looks superb, and I'm loving the Judoon captain. I have my recon (just waiting on the others) but the care and detail put in are amazing, and completely agree, especially love the little bit of red in the neck rings, and the mutant's lovely. And I love your TARDIS pics further up, tempting me to display mine like that!

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Avon wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:14 pm
Yesssssss! You got a dalek set!! Exxcellent :lol: And I'm jealous about your Jodie figures, Graham looks superb, and I'm loving the Judoon captain. I have my recon (just waiting on the others) but the care and detail put in are amazing, and completely agree, especially love the little bit of red in the neck rings, and the mutant's lovely. And I love your TARDIS pics further up, tempting me to display mine like that!
I know! Finally 😂
The Jodie range is gorgeous. I do hope they do some for series 12, if not loads, at least The Master, Ruth and maybe a cyberboi.
And display them how? The ones on top of my cabinet, or where they're in a semi circle? If I had more space or another shelf, I'd show them off better but alas, I must wait to grab another shelf 😂

Avon

Post by Avon »

TheSparrow wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:44 pm
I know! Finally 😂
The Jodie range is gorgeous. I do hope they do some for series 12, if not loads, at least The Master, Ruth and maybe a cyberboi.
And display them how? The ones on top of my cabinet, or where they're in a semi circle? If I had more space or another shelf, I'd show them off better but alas, I must wait to grab another shelf 😂
Worth the wait though I bet! And definitely.., I mean, its pretty much a perfect wave for CO isn't it? New Doc, new Master, new Cybermen (multiple types!).., not counting all the cheap repaints they could squeeze out what they have already. And the dalek has to be the first new sculpted monster since.....the silents?! Kinda crazy to think of it like that. Both! They just look really cool displayed with a Doctor and companion inside.. I think I talk for everyone when I say we all need new shelves now :lol:

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Avon wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:30 pm
TheSparrow wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:44 pm
I know! Finally 😂
Worth the wait though I bet! And definitely.., I mean, its pretty much a perfect wave for CO isn't it? New Doc, new Master, new Cybermen (multiple types!).., not counting all the cheap repaints they could squeeze out what they have already. And the dalek has to be the first new sculpted monster since.....the silents?! Kinda crazy to think of it like that. Both! They just look really cool displayed with a Doctor and companion inside.. I think I talk for everyone when I say we all need new shelves now :lol:
I was thinking the exact same thing, it'd be the perfect wave, yeah.
I hope we get a new wave after this because walking out if b&m this afternoon made me feel like a 8 year old Buying toys again 😂

Avon

Post by Avon »

TheSparrow wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:41 pm
I was thinking the exact same thing, it'd be the perfect wave, yeah.
I hope we get a new wave after this because walking out if b&m this afternoon made me feel like a 8 year old Buying toys again 😂
At this point it'd seem crazy not to! I mean, apart from series 10 (where you could of had a similar lineup) I don't think there's ever been so many characters needing figures that I'd call "essential" in a single series, and all so popular, hopefully Al's on the case! Tell me about it! :lol: part of me loathes having to travel ridiculous miles in a mad dash in a vain hope of getting them as the distributions so dire, and seeing others miss them, but, part of me loves the hunt and an even bigger part of me loves that feeling finding them, some of my B&M's are even in old Woolworths and Argos sites so it's even more like 2006ish to me :lol:

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

That must've been a great parcel to open up. I must admit all the 13 era figures do look great together, I'm sure eventually I'll get a Doc and Graham.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

B&M Swadlincote have all of the sets, but I'm piss-poor because university exists.
Thought I'd pick up what I could on me wee student budget and get the rest later.

Love Ryan and Yaz, very epic. Sculpt epic. Paint epic. Thirteen's era may not have the representation that 9, 10, and 11 has, (God knows 12's is depressing) but I'm quite happy with this select little bits, I love the effort put into these so, so much.

For a Doctor Who I always remember having a big stupid grin on his face, he sure seems well miffed. I love this set so much, and I'm so happy to have Troughton on my shelf with his TARDIS.

Yeah, happy with the first lot I've got. Gonna pick the rest up another time.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Got these ones, didn't I?

Why my images so big lmao
Last edited by TheSparrow on Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Pengers and mash

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Pretty frickin’ based ngl