Figure photography!

Avon

Figure photography!

Post by Avon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:13 pm

I thought I'd bring this back, did we have one before actually? We do now! :lol: Thought it'd be nice to have a topic to post general photography of figures for folks, personally I love looking through pictures that people have taken at beaches, in the garden etc - a few of mine to get it started:

(These last two were taken in Blackpool):

DalekCheese

Re: Figure photography!

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:18 pm

Those last three are great! What’s that behind 7?
Here’s one of mine (heavily edited, nothing’s real apart from the wall and the dalek):

Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Avon

Post by Avon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:24 pm

Very nicely done! So you took it in front of a brick wall? Very cool. Ace and 7 are currently exploring a strange space station airlock aka the inside of my tumble dryer :lol:

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Avon wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:24 pm
Very nicely done! So you took it in front of a brick wall? Very cool. Ace and 7 are currently exploring a strange space station airlock aka the inside of my tumble dryer :lol:
No, the wall’s balsawood...

And my tumbledryer is now going to be photographed mercilessly:lol:
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:47 pm

Avon wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:13 pm

Oh hey, wow, I was in blackpool a few weeks ago, shame I didn't manage to sneak into your pictures :lol: They're really nice pictures, too.

I filmed some footage out in my garden with my Pertwee tardis back in the spring, I was making a recreation of the opening to Time and the Rani for a project I was making, and there's a pile of rubble in my garden that I thought would make a fair match for where the tardis lands. I didn't have a mccoy tardis, so the pertwee one seemed closest in colour to the wacky blue of mccoys.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:48 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:47 pm
Avon wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:13 pm

Oh hey, wow, I was in blackpool a few weeks ago, shame I didn't manage to sneak into your pictures :lol: They're really nice pictures, too.

I filmed some footage out in my garden with my Pertwee tardis back in the spring, I was making a recreation of the opening to Time and the Rani for a project I was making, and there's a pile of rubble in my garden that I thought would make a fair match for where the tardis lands. I didn't have a mccoy tardis, so the pertwee one seemed closest in colour to the wacky blue of mccoys.
What’s this project?

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:14 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:48 pm
What’s this project?
Well wouldn't you like to know ;)

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:14 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:48 pm
What’s this project?
Well wouldn't you like to know ;)
Yep :lol:

Sounded interesting.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Very nice Avon. I have never let my figures brave the outdoor conditions, they live a sheltered life. :lol:

C'mon Deb spill the beans, you can't keep it secret forever.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:46 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:41 pm
Very nice Avon. I have never let my figures brave the outdoor conditions, they live a sheltered life. :lol:

C'mon Deb spill the beans, you can't keep it secret forever.
:lol: mine don’t go out often, only when I’m making stop motions. But they’re mostly daleks, so they’re quite robust.