Toy Sales?

Fincon1

Toy Sales?

Post by Fincon1 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:30 pm

I'm sorry if this has been suggested / tried before. On the old Richard Who forum there was a board for people to post things they were trying to find and were willing to buy, and another for people to post things they wanted to sell from their collections. I was wondering whether that might be something we could try on this site.

DalekCheese

Re: Toy Sales?

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:50 pm

Could work.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:42 pm

Gib me a 2008 red supreme Dalek. I will pay mad moneyz.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:43 pm

I have the RC one minus controller, so yeah it's kinda a downgrade from the normal one. Not for sale though.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:11 pm

It's always been ruled out previously due to some bad experiences that occurred a long time ago, you'd have to ask the admin.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:06 pm

Doctor What wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:11 pm
It's always been ruled out previously due to some bad experiences that occurred a long time ago, you'd have to ask the admin.
What kinda thing happened?
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:53 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:06 pm
Doctor What wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:11 pm
What kinda thing happened?
Before my time so I don't know for sure, but i'm sure you can imagine the kind of difficulty that arises from buying things from randomers on the internet - items not sent, payment not given, stuff like that. The forum could be held responsible and that's not a thing you want to really risk. Like I said, it's ultimately up to the admin so if you want a marketplace type thing you'd have to ask him.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:35 pm

I had trouble in the past (but I was like 13). But I reckon if it’s done through a reputable website like eBay, could work

TW.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:22 pm

There was a guy called Innes Skene, and he arranged for various sales as buyer and seller, took people's money, took their stuff, never gave anything in exchange. In the end someone sent the police to his house, I think, he was only a teenager, it was a heck of a saga. This was a very long time ago, though, but I guess once bitten twice shy.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:28 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:22 pm
There was a guy called Innes Skene, and he arranged for various sales as buyer and seller, took people's money, took their stuff, never gave anything in exchange. In the end someone sent the police to his house, I think, he was only a teenager, it was a heck of a saga. This was a very long time ago, though, but I guess once bitten twice shy.
Ha!