Cracks in Time/Continuity

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
rhysch

Cracks in Time/Continuity

Post by rhysch » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:56 am

One thing that’s bothered me for a while is that seeing as the cracks in series five absorbed everybody’s memories of the RTD era, then the universe was restored from Amy’s memory, did those events still happen? Did they return to the continuity of the timeline when the Doctor did? Did she remember those events but not the Doctor? Was it actually her memories that restored it all or have I misunderstood how the universe was restored all this time? I’m sure there’s probably been some reference to an RTD era event since, which would confirm all of those events as continuity, I just want some opinions.
Formerly ‘chocywhovian’ thankfully I’ve matured since then 😂

skifflebits

Re: Cracks in Time/Continuity

Post by skifflebits » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:21 pm

I just took the term "reboot" as a full reboot. And I think it all must exist, because if the only things that were restored were things Amy remembered, then that's most of the universe itself, isn't it? I mean, she's never been to Metebelis III or the Andromeda Galaxy. And I'm pretty sure she never knew anything about the Crimean War, but I assume all of that came back when the universe did.

Unless I"m totally misunderstanding your question, which is entirely possible.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

rhysch

Re: Cracks in Time/Continuity

Post by rhysch » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:05 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:21 pm
I just took the term "reboot" as a full reboot. And I think it all must exist, because if the only things that were restored were things Amy remembered, then that's most of the universe itself, isn't it? I mean, she's never been to Metebelis III or the Andromeda Galaxy. And I'm pretty sure she never knew anything about the Crimean War, but I assume all of that came back when the universe did.

Unless I"m totally misunderstanding your question, which is entirely possible.
that seems to make sense, thanks for clearing that up for me 😂
Formerly ‘chocywhovian’ thankfully I’ve matured since then 😂