Britbox UK

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
Whovastron

Britbox UK

Post by Whovastron » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:11 pm

Hey, I wasn’t in the know about this until yesterday, and it doesn’t even seem to have been reported on thedoctorwhosite either. But Britbox uk launched last week. And from Boxing Day, every classic Doctor Who episode will be available on it! Including animated episodes and the unaired pilot!

For only £5.99 a month too, pretty darn good deal if you ask me. I’ll definitely be doing a marathon as it removes the hassle of DVD’s!

TW.

DalekCheese

Re: Britbox UK

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:30 pm

REEEEEEEE
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:02 pm

Personally I prefer DVDs over streaming, with a streaming platform the content providers can remove the show(s) if and whenever they want to. If the BBC want to stop me watching my DVDs they've got to break in and wrestle them from me. Plus DVDs don't require the internet and I'm not sure what's a hassle about them. That's just me of course and I'm notoriously old fashioned when it comes to telebox viewing.

Still it's good they're putting all the classic Who up for you streamers out there, more people who watch the classics the better.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:31 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:02 pm
Personally I prefer DVDs over streaming, with a streaming platform the content providers can remove the show(s) if and whenever they want to. If the BBC want to stop me watching my DVDs they've got to break in and wrestle them from me. Plus DVDs don't require the internet and I'm not sure what's a hassle about them. That's just me of course and I'm notoriously old fashioned when it comes to telebox viewing.

Still it's good they're putting all the classic Who up for you streamers out there, more people who watch the classics the better.
I like muh DVDs. You can’t go looking through a town’s charity shops for a DVD. That’s half the fun, really, finding them.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:15 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:02 pm

The hassle of having to put them in, wait for the menu, and then switching the disc out for the next story. I can just have it playing in the background now and now worry

TW.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:05 pm

What's one step up from "first world problems?"

:)
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:25 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:05 pm

Zeroth world problems

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:01 pm

skifflebits wrote:

"I say old chap, shall I take the Rolls or the Jaaaag, I just can't decide, what?" 🤔

This is an example of an 'aristocrat world problem' which I should think would be above 'first world'.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:10 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:01 pm
skifflebits wrote:

"I say old chap, shall I take the Rolls or the Jaaaag, I just can't decide, what?" 🤔

This is an example of an 'aristocrat world problem' which I should think would be above 'first world'.
“I think the Jag, perhaps. Or maybe the Lagonda. No, no, Jag today. But which jaaaag? Whichever Jag you feel like, Perkins.”

“... very good, sir.”

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:25 pm

skifflebits wrote:

Trust me, I saw it as I was typing it :lol:

TW.