Doctor who Series 11/12 5.5” Figure wave

Koth2

Re: Doctor who Series 11/12 5.5” Figure wave

Post by Koth2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:18 pm

Given a Dalek pack was £19.99, two figures total £25.98. Im thinking of the Recon Dalek and 13 here.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:34 pm

Koth2 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:18 pm
Given a Dalek pack was £19.99, two figures total £25.98. Im thinking of the Recon Dalek and 13 here.
When you say Dalek pack, do you mean a FP one or another one? The TRU Doctor/Dalek sets and the current B&M ones are £20, stuff like the Third Doctor and Death Dalek or the Seventh Doctor and Imperial Dalek were £25.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:16 pm

The price isn't out of line given the price of toys these days. I just hope it means they'll put a little more effort into the accessories.

Probably not available in the US, though, so I guess I'll be ordering with international shipping.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

TheSpaceStudent1

Post by TheSpaceStudent1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:09 pm

So if Wave One consists of The Thirteenth Doctor (Variants), Graham O'Brien, Reconnaissance Dalek and the Judoon Captain then when is it acceptable to start speculating on what will be included in the second wave?
Supposing they keep to maybe 4-6 figures per wave then perhaps for Wave 2 we could get

1x Thirteenth Doctor (Tuxedo)
1x Ryan Sinclar
1x Yasmin Khan
1x Tzim Sha

I'd love a Kerblam Man but seeing as Tim Shaw was a recurring character I guess it'd be more likely to turn him into a figure and his sculpt is easier to make presuming they just have to make a new face module like they've done with the new companions.

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:19 pm

I’d like to imagine a Cyberman or two was coming. That seems a far more sensible bet than blooming Tim Shaw.
Cybermen can be army built.
Just saying!
No forum, no matter how great, can know it’s destiny. It cannot glimpse his part in the great story that is about to unfold. As it will be for the member arriving at the gates of DWT.net. A lad that will, in time, father the legend. His name: Merlin.

TARDIS23

Post by TARDIS23 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:24 pm

As for the price I think it’s reasonable speaking as a guy that’s used to paying £20-£25 for marvel legends figures, and I consider characters efforts to be of higher quality with the paint work etc.
As for future waves depending how this one goes I could see us getting either the safe option something like:
13th Doctor (different to wave 1 variant)
Judoon Trooper
Ryan
Yaz
Or perhaps if this lot sells better we could see something more ambitious such as:
Ryan
Yaz
Cyberman
New series 12 monster
I guess time will tell.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:46 pm

the only downside to this impending cyberman redesign, we'll likely never see a 5" figure of the NiS style cyberman. A boi peranantly missing from the line up, it's more tragic than absent moonbase and slightly less tragic than absent wheel in space. I just want all the cyberbois.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:46 am

Real excited for this wave, I think this was a good move by CO. I mean, we're getting a slightly altered (presumably) Judoon Captain for release at practically the same time that it'll be on TV, so they might get some impulse buys from that. Hopefully the 13th Doctor variant is the Spy costume we've seen in the trailer. That'd be nice, and further tie in this wave with Series 12. The Resolution Dalek is nice, glad we're getting more Monsters finally, we've not really had a new mould monster figure since 2011/2012 (even if this is a Dalek variant). I do wonder where the rest of 13's "fam" have ended up, but I imagine Ryan and Yaz will find their way into our collections soon enough.

As for figures we could see in potential further waves (assuming this one does well enough), I think a Kerblam man might be possible, re-using the 3 Docs Brigadier body. Tim Shaw could be a possibility, as they could always repaint his outfit into a rusty colour scheme with some minor part swaps to make a second variant. And obviously there are a bunch of Series 11 13th Doctor variants they could do, and probably will do, hopefully with some neat accessories, imagine a 13th Doctor with a Pting accessory. But really, most of the future figures (if we get any) will be for Series 12, like Cybermen and whatever else.

But that's all pipe dreams for now, I don't want to get ahead of myself dreaming about what might be, no, the wave we are getting is good, and I'm more than happy with it. The future looks bright!

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:13 am

The cyberman in the trailer is very different looking to the cybermen in those set photos, so maybe we could get 2 different cybermen in wave 2 🤔
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:07 am

Rackers96 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:13 am
The cyberman in the trailer is very different looking to the cybermen in those set photos, so maybe we could get 2 different cybermen in wave 2 🤔
That was the first thing I thought, y'know?
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉