Who Will Be The Next Doctor/Companion to Write A Book?

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
Valeyard

Who Will Be The Next Doctor/Companion to Write A Book?

Post by Valeyard »

Okay, so back in January 2019, we had Tom Baker (and James Goss) write a Fourth Doctor book called 'Scratchman', which was of course a novelisation of the cancelled film. Now we're getting 'At Childhood's End' by Sophie Aldred, which is going to see Ace and the Thirteenth Doctor reunite and tie up some loose ends regarding Ace's character. It's been confirmed that they got Aldred on board for 'At Childhood's End' because of the success 'Scratchman' had. So my question to you guys is, what's next? Which former actor to play either a Doctor or companion would you hope to see write a 'Doctor Who' book, and what do you think it would be about or what would you personally love to see?

Personally, I'd love to see Carole Ann Ford and some other writers to pen a novel featuring Susan at some point. While 'Susan's War' will likely give us the answers eventually, I think a book that brings Susan's story to a close, maybe featuring the Thirteenth Doctor or a different incarnation perhaps, would be nice. Colin Baker also wrote a comic book called 'The Age of Terror' if I recall correctly, so I think getting him on board to write a novel would be great.
'Bring back the Vervoids you cowards.'

DalekCheese

Re: Who Will Be The Next Doctor/Companion to Write A Book?

Post by DalekCheese »

McCoy.
AI is here!!

SJF

Post by SJF »

Colin Baker to do Mel's introductory story. Yes Gary Russell already wrote that, but something tells me Colin Baker would make it far more interesting. Then get Colin and Bonnie to narrate the audiobook together.

Something involving the Eighth Doctor. I can’t see Paul McGann writing a book, so maybe collaboration between writers that worked on the various strands of the Eighth Doctor’s life like the Comics, novels and audios. Something that’s set throughout his life and has a plotthread running from just after the TV Movie all the way to Night of the Doctor. Something that almost feels like a whole Eighth Doctor era in one novel.

Matthew Waterhouse. He’s written Dark Shadows for Big Finish and is supposedly very good. I wouldn’t mind if they got him to write something for Season 18 and Adric, perhaps in a similar vein to Scratchman? Maybe get Andrew Smith to script edit or something.

Nicola Bryant and Nev Fountain. Nev Fountain writes all the best Peri stories for Big Finish and is pretty much the gatekeeper of Peri’s development at this point. He also happens to be Nicola Bryant’s boyfriend. I’d love them to write a Peri story together, perhaps expanding on her life after trial. Since he wrote Peri and the Piscon Paradox people have been wanting Nev Fountain to write The Five Peris, perhaps this is the perfect opportunity. Throw in Six and Frobisher coming to visit Peri and you’ve got yourself gold.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

I was a big fan of Nev's book, "Pictures of My Girlfriend in Bathing Suits," so I'd be very excited for another collaboration.

;)
None of Doctor Who is canon.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

skifflebits wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:24 pm
I was a big fan of Nev's book, "Pictures of My Girlfriend in Bathing Suits," so I'd be very excited for another collaboration.

;)
Links or it didn’t happen
AI is here!!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:39 pm
https://tinyurl.com/fountainbryant
OK FRIcK U YU MEENY!!!1!1!!!1111
AI is here!!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:51 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:39 pm
https://tinyurl.com/fountainbryant
OK FRIcK U YU MEENY!!!1!1!!!1111
8-)

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Back on track, I'd actually be profoundly curious to see anything Christopher Eccleston might write, fiction or non-fiction.

I don't suspect he ever will, given his ambivalent feelings about the show, but it would definitely be interesting.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:45 pm
Back on track, I'd actually be profoundly curious to see anything Christopher Eccleston might write, fiction or non-fiction.

I don't suspect he ever will, given his ambivalent feelings about the show, but it would definitely be interesting.
His autobiography is so good. I got it for Christmas and I think he'd be amazing.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉