Boom Town
The Stealers of Dreams
Night of the Whisper
Return of the Volsci
Bad Wolf / The Parting of the Ways

Not Included
Shortness of Breath (Poem)
Dr Ninth (Out of continuity / parody)
Voice from the Vortex! (Out of continuity / parody)
A Stitch in Time (Comic Maker app Comic)
Last edited by SJF on Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:08 am, edited 6 times in total.

skifflebits

Re: The Ninth Doctor's Timeline

Post by skifflebits »

NO POEMS?????*

*kidding

By the way, I don't know a thing about "The Beast of Babylon," but I always found it interesting that the TARDIS dematerializes *comepletely* at the end of "Rose" before returning and the Doctor delivering his "It travels in time as well as space" line. Meaning for all we know, Nine could have wandered for a century before coming back to old Rose Tyler.
None of Doctor Who is canon.

SJF

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:49 pm
NO POEMS?????*

*kidding

By the way, I don't know a thing about "The Beast of Babylon," but I always found it interesting that the TARDIS dematerializes *comepletely* at the end of "Rose" before returning and the Doctor delivering his "It travels in time as well as space" line. Meaning for all we know, Nine could have wandered for a century before coming back to old Rose Tyler.
Yeah which would be a lovely gap for BF. Unfortunately The Beast of Babylon completely fills the gap. Basically as soon as the TARDIS dematerialises in Rose, he gets a distress signal that leads him into the events of The Beast of Babylon, and at the end of that he decides to go and ask Rose to travel with him again.

RTD however established in his novelisation of Rose that the Doctor went off travelling for Twelve weeks between his first encounter with Rose at Henriks, and their second meeting at the restaurant.

Also, you joke about the poem, but the TARDIS wiki timeline includes them. Which is why I made sure to specify that I’m not including poems because obviously that’s ludicrous.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Is there no wiggle room at the end of Beast of Babylon for the Doctor to take a detour before heading back to Rose?

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

I like to imagine the doctor did a whole load of travels in between inviting rose, picked up a companion, did a whole companions worth of travels with them until eventually they leave or die, the doctor gets mopey then remembers rose and decides to try and pick her up again as a rebound. That idea amuses me.

SJF

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:36 pm
Is there no wiggle room at the end of Beast of Babylon for the Doctor to take a detour before heading back to Rose?
Not really, I think it actually ends with a “Did I mention?”

To be fair though, BF would almost definitely just ignore it and do their own thing if they ever got Christopher Eccleston in. I say BF because the BBC rarely even use Nine in their books these days and Nine’s comic series has been put on hiatus.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Ach. Shame there's just not much Nine love out there.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

SJF wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:43 pm
skifflebits wrote:
NO POEMS?????*

*kidding

Yeah which would be a lovely gap for BF. Unfortunately The Beast of Babylon completely fills the gap. Basically as soon as the TARDIS dematerialises in Rose, he gets a distress signal that leads him into the events of The Beast of Babylon, and at the end of that he decides to go and ask Rose to travel with him again.

RTD however established in his novelisation of Rose that the Doctor went off travelling for Twelve weeks between his first encounter with Rose at Henriks, and their second meeting at the restaurant.

Also, you joke about the poem, but the TARDIS wiki timeline includes them. Which is why I made sure to specify that I’m not including poems because obviously that’s ludicrous.
So’s the whole TARDIS wiki :lol:
AI is here!!

SJF

Post by SJF »

DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:41 pm
SJF wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:43 pm
skifflebits wrote:
NO POEMS?????*

*kidding

So’s the whole TARDIS wiki :lol:
I mean you’re not wrong. I really just wish the mods there would get deleted or something.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Just where do these poems get published in the first place??