Re: B&M rerelease wishlist? (2020 & beyond)

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

So, I realized with a certain "lurker" on here, maybe this could be speculative fun & constructive info....

I hunted down one of the older (Series 4) B&M sets and thought how much I'd have liked to find the one with the Series 3 Time Lord. Straight rerelease, repaint, classic or otherwise. So, knowing that we've some pretty cool stuff/possibilities with these sets now...

What rereleases/repaints would we like to see from the B&M line? (Not requiring new sculpts - that's a pretty deep rabbit hole) Last time most lists were Sontaran & Silver Nemesis heavy, so with those off the table I'm curious to see where the demand lies....

And, hey - "lurker" participation welcome. (Not asking for spoilers, mind!)

My top 5:
"Revenge of the Cybermen" Cybermen/Cyberleader
Series 3 Time Lord
Ainley Master
Professor Yana/War Master
"Dead Planet" Dalek

Anyone else?

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

We had something like this pre-reset.
For me?
Any Cyberman, any Dalek 😂
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

I know its nigh-impossible but I never managed to get my hands on a Vespiform

Avon

Post by Avon »

Great idea for a topic! My personal top five:

Ainley Master
Night of the Doctor McGann
Season 18 Tom
Genesis Davros (now Dalek's are in play again)
Revenge Cyberman

But honorable mentions to:
Hatted and cloaked Hartnell
Sea Devils 3
Green Death 3
Hatted 5 - (I'm going to say an update to Resurrection with the more accurate trousers..?)
Hatted 7
Any classic Dalek
Yana
Maybe not "technically" a person - but the hand in the jar as an accessory, if it were possible

And it'd never happen, but I'd kill for a K1!

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

I wouldn’t mind a larger figures pack wave, something like...
4 & K-1 Robot
9 & Gelth
10 & Vespiform
4 & Krynoid
9 & Reaper

Though I fear they’d be astronomically expensive but I feel like B&M would require a Doctor in those packs to associate them with Doctor Who to appeal to the younger sales market, otherwise they see
A robot
A weird ghost
A wasp
A plant man
And god knows what? A monster, I suppose.
I feel like these would only be viable as well after the TARDIS two packs are done, because otherwise they’d compete in the higher price bracket and if some fans could only have one or the other, they’d be somewhat inclined to perhaps go for the cheaper one (the TARDIS), or skip out on the TARDIS, saving them money to buy the larger pack.
And naturally if it’s parents buying for children they could well say “oh well that’s too expensive”, but for collectors that’s not necessarily a problem.
I’m always dead set on buying all the packs that are released, and the only one I haven’t gotten so far this year was the silver nemesis set because I own plenty of 7’s and I own the first release of the cybermen, so I was quite lucky in that regard.
No forum, no matter how great, can know it’s destiny. It cannot glimpse his part in the great story that is about to unfold. As it will be for the member arriving at the gates of DWT.net. A lad that will, in time, father the legend. His name: Merlin.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Really want more Judoon Troopers after last week's episode, perhaps with the new devices from the new Captain? I'd also be happy with the series 3 one if possible. I know we've had the Attack and Silver Nemesis ones but Attack/Earthshocks are my favourite, plus it would be nice to get a leader variant (or a controller if new heads are a thing?). I'll take pretty much any Dalek repaint/rerelease, the Power SFX one (minus SFX) would be great especially, maybe the DIOE drone, basically any 60s Daleks are a must. Hey, if the figurine collection can do the movie Dalek from the Chase with the big base and lights then surely CO can too? I think it might have even been in the cancelled 3.75 inch wave.

There's not many Doctor figures i'm personally after a straight re-release of, although NoTD McGann and 7B Smith are probably good ones to do.

SJF

Post by SJF »

I’d literally just take a four pack with all the Paul McGann figures.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

My top 5, as seems to be the thing people are doing;

1. Antony Ainley Master
2. Season 18 Tom
3. Revelation Davros
4. Any 60's cyberman (earlier the better)
5. Any classic Dalek (the greyer the better)

The reasons should be reasonably obvious. Typically associated with the words "best" or "favourite".

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:42 pm
So, I realized with a certain "lurker" on here, maybe this could be speculative fun & constructive info....
Constructive?
None of Doctor Who is canon.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

I presume he means "showing what the fans want"