Re: B&M rerelease wishlist? (2020 & beyond)

SJF

Post by SJF »

Jubilee:
The Sixth Doctor (rerelease or some new variation if you like)
Evelyn Smythe (Grandma Connolly with new head sculpt)
Chase Dalek with handprint on dome

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

Has anyone mentioned the black and white figures from the 60s eras?

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

I think it would be cool, but also a waste to an extent. Saying that, I wouldn't mind a black and white Tenth Planet Cyberman and Ice Warrior. Could throw in a black and white cloaked 1st Doctor and you've got a 60s set. I doubt they'd rerelease the original black and white figures, as they are rare but not incredibly desirable. In fact, I'd argue that kids would be put off by black and white figures, as they aren't very bright or eye-catching.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

You know, I've always wanted a rerelease of the Tenth Planet Cyberman, so perhaps they could take the opportunity to repaint it into a Doctor Falls variant.

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 »

Gek2Win wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:42 pm
You know, I've always wanted a rerelease of the Tenth Planet Cyberman, so perhaps they could take the opportunity to repaint it into a Doctor Falls variant.
i would take a new tenth planet cyberman!

maybe with a s10 master
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

MOAR CYBIES!1!!

I'm still all over the Doctor/Cyberman sets, but I think a set with Capaldi, a repainted Tenth Planet Cyberman and... I dunno... Yeah, I'd love a Series 10 Master, but I don't see them molding a new jacket any time soon, but I suppose it's more likely than molding a "Nightmare" Cyberman.

It's also been ages since the "Earthshock" Cyberman was released, so I figure newer collectors would be down for that. Likewise the "Revenge" Cyberman.
None of Doctor Who is canon.

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

After last year's silver nemesis set, a reissue of the revenge cyberman seems like a no-brainer, maybe the standard one, and the leader, and a slightly tweaked s12 doctor, maybe do the overcoat and hat, but paint the jumper and tie the right colours, that would be a nice one.

TARDIS23

Post by TARDIS23 »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:59 pm
MOAR CYBIES!1!!

I'm still all over the Doctor/Cyberman sets, but I think a set with Capaldi, a repainted Tenth Planet Cyberman and... I dunno... Yeah, I'd love a Series 10 Master, but I don't see them molding a new jacket any time soon, but I suppose it's more likely than molding a "Nightmare" Cyberman.

It's also been ages since the "Earthshock" Cyberman was released, so I figure newer collectors would be down for that. Likewise the "Revenge" Cyberman.
They could do a cybus with blue chest light to go with the tenth planet and Capaldi figures.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:59 pm
MOAR CYBIES!1!!
Here's a couple easy ones they could do with a minimum of new parts. I'm not saying they should do all of them, but I think all would be desirable:

*"Revenge" Cyberleader- Revenge "Cyberman" - Sarah Jane Smith (new head sculpt, & various body reuses suggested)

Perfect companion to the Harry set and honestly, probably more appeal given the companion involved and Cybermen with a passing resemblance to Series 12 AND their rarity. If they only do one, do this one.

*5th Doctor (w/hat) - Ainley Master (w rereleased suit or new body wrap for Traken robes) - Cyberleader

All are desirable and the black handles allow a simple variant. For Ainley, obviously I'd love the Traken outfit but the suit is fine too.

*Time Lord (S4) - Cybus Cyberman- Judoon Trooper

Yeeeeeeah, look at that: You can army build, you can do slight paint variants, and it's relevant to Tennant era fans AND the last series. Swap in a 13 variant or 10 variant for the time lord if you need that "BuT tHeY DoN't SeLl WiThOuT a DoCtOr" thing taken care of.

*Capaldi (with waistcoat) - 10th Planet Cyberman repaint - 1st Doctor (w hat/cloak)

That's 3 desirable, and come on - I don't know for certain but a waist coat HAS to be cheaper than a new headsculpt. I'd be cool with the 1st straight rereleased but extra accuracy would be the standard 1st body with the cloak and astrakhan head.

*2nd Doctor (with cloak) - Tomb Cyberman - Invasion Cyberman

Easy way to get a 2 variant; Cheapest I can see is to reuse the Hartnell cloak and not paint the scarf. Or, just a new cloak - again, I'm guessing that's cheaper than any new sculpt. I'd personally love Jamie McCrimmon in place of any of those, but I'm keeping in mind if Ryan and Yaz are involved that's already at least 2 new headsculpts already this year. So outside of Sarah Jane (who's popular enough they could probably repackage her) I'm trying to avoid one time Frankenstein-like figure construction scenarios.

*Third Doctor (5 Doctors paint variant w cloak) - Cyberman (w gun) - Cyberleader

Here's an easy way to repackage the 80s Cybermen with a heretofore unseen variant - 5 & 2 are pretty much in standard outfits, even a Hartnell rerelease would be standard and we just had a Shada 4. But throw in 3 with 2 Cybermen and that's a pretty great deal.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

What were the last B&M Cybermen released before this most recent "Silver Nemesis" pack, anyway?

::looks up on doctorwhotoys.net::

Ah, it was the 2017 "The Monsters" pack. "Tomb" Cybercontroller, "Earthshock" Cyberman, and a Sontaran.

Before that, the 2016 "Monsters" pack had an "Invasion" Cyber in the mix, while 2016's "Tenth Doctor" pack had a Cybus version.
None of Doctor Who is canon.