Your Ideal Spin-Off

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
Valeyard

Your Ideal Spin-Off

Post by Valeyard »

Let’s say that the BBC come to you and miraculously let you make a Doctor Who spin-off show. You can use any companion, ally, enemy or monster that you want from any media, be it TV, comics, films, prose or audio, but you can not use The Doctor as a main or supporting character (though he can be an occasional guest star and you can reference him as much as you wish). What would your spin-off be about and who would be in it? The sky’s the limit so go nuts with ideas!
'Bring back the Vervoids you cowards.'

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Re: Your Ideal Spin-Off

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

Jackie Tyler vs Donna Noble - Ultimate Smackdown

A one off TV movie. Enough said.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

The Peri Brown/Rose Tyler Soapy Shower Battles!
None of Doctor Who is canon.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

In all seriousness, I think a UNIT-centric spinoff would be good. A competent scientific adviser, struggling to stop their trigger-happy colleagues from killing every alien they meet. The difference between this and the 3rd Doctor's era being that this adviser would have no understanding of the universe anywhere close to the Doctor's, so they'd have to try to work out a solution to alien threats without it.

Needs more work, but I think the idea is there.

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

I always had and idea for a spin off where it would focused on Torchwood Four as nothing is known about it really. OG Torchwood characters could be main characters or maybe it could be all new guys
BENNI! BENNI! WHERE’S MY BENNI?

Valeyard

Post by Valeyard »

Gek2Win wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:19 pm
In all seriousness, I think a UNIT-centric spinoff would be good. A competent scientific adviser, struggling to stop their trigger-happy colleagues from killing every alien they meet. The difference between this and the 3rd Doctor's era being that this adviser would have no understanding of the universe anywhere close to the Doctor's, so they'd have to try to work out a solution to alien threats without it.

Needs more work, but I think the idea is there.
I'd love a UNIT spin-off on TV. I could imagine Kate Stewart forming a small-scale group as a successor to UNIT that goes around the world battling and containing alien threats. Have Captain Jack, Martha, Mickey and Gwen be main cast members alongside Kate and Osgood, throw in some brand new characters and you've got a solid show there.
'Bring back the Vervoids you cowards.'

SJF

Post by SJF »

Basically just bring Torchwood back. With the characters from the audio series.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

The Time Agency.

Featuring Magnus Greel, the Galactic Federation, and others as story arcs, and one or two agents working with the agency over 100 years, non-linear. Obvious Barrowman cameo is obvious and inevitable, but these would be all new characters.

The Doctor is a recurring concern. Occasionally glimpsed and seen in various incarnations via stills/reports/cameo footage, but have him directly involved for one full story/two parter....

...where it's McGann. :)

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

The New Adventures of Pigbin Josh.
None of Doctor Who is canon.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

I'd pay good money for a Pigbin Josh series. :lol:

My suggestions are for TV: 'Kel: Cahncil Life.' A 13 part docu-drama about working for The Cahncil. Highlights include: digging up a road, drinking tea, re surfacing a road, drinking some more tea and a special on how to store pick axes in your very own Cahncil Van. Exhilarating viewing I'm sure you all agree.

And for Big Finish I want a 16 volume series about Tahria starting with 'The Adventures of Tahria: Volume One - Souk Mysteries'. Futher volumes could be 'Shifty Sultan' 'Mamluk Misery' and 'Who ate all the Falafels'. Quality Big Finish material right there.