Recipes for a Dhawan Master?

skifflebits

Recipes for a Dhawan Master?

Post by skifflebits »

So I've been thinking about how to kit bash together the pieces of a Dhawan Master with an absolute minimal amount of sculpting.

I think a couple of people have suggested using a Captain Jack head, even though the hair is parted on the opposite side. (Though on the proper side if this photo is the reference point.)

The lapels on the waistcoat are obviously a challenge, as I doubt there's an existing figure with anything close. Those may have to be hand-sculpted no matter what I do. But Bracewell's removable waistcoat piece would probably be a good starting point.

As for the base shirt, I'm thinking a Series 8 Twelfth Doctor would work, and heck. maybe even the whole body would be a decent base figure, even if it's relatively thinner than Dhawan. (Let's face it, Capaldi is relatively thinner than just about everyone.)

But I'd need to find a new coat, as the lapels are a bit narrow. Right now I'm thinking a "Destiny"/"Shada" Fourth Doctor coat might be ripe for repurposing? Though the lapels on that go a bit low. Maybe a Fifth Doctor would be a better route to take.

But I'm open to suggestions. Really, really open.
None of Doctor Who is canon.

Gek2Win

Re: Recipes for a Dhawan Master?

Post by Gek2Win »

I think 5th doctor personally.

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin »

Regenerated 12th Doctor? Youve got the jacket, waistcoat, fobwatch, trousers and no bow tie, the only problems would be the unbuttoned top button and the weird pockets on the jacket.
i'm boring now

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

idontremembermylogin wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:58 pm
Regenerated 12th Doctor? Youve got the jacket, waistcoat, fobwatch, trousers and no bow tie, the only problems would be the unbuttoned top button and the weird pockets on the jacket.
I was thinking of that, too, but the texture of the jacket isn't necessarily a good fit. Still, I suppose it could pass. The original color is pretty close, regardless.

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

the unfastened button was wrong on the regenerated 12th figure anyway, I don't know why they did that

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Found a full-size image for reference.

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

Matt Smith's legs would work pretty perfectly for this too, with the rolled up trouser ends.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Indeed. Matt's got boots, not shoes, but it's not a bad place to start from.