Beginners Guide : Tips & Tricks, Ask A Question

Moderator: CaptainJimiPie

User avatar
TheSparrow
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:15 pm

Re: Beginners Guide : Tips & Tricks, Ask A Question

Postby TheSparrow » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:03 am

Deborah J wrote:
TheSparrow wrote:Friend: "What was the Christmas one this year"
Me: "It wasn't, it was a new year one and they did Daleks"
Friend: "Oh they did Daleks? They got a new thing?"
Me: "yeah, it looked a bit trash though"
*shows him *
Friend: "Aww, mate. That is reet shitters"
Me: "innit"

I'll fight you.

Gl, boo. I'll win.
My new signature - as made by the wonderful 'Deborah J'
Image

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 1035
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere, baby

Re: Beginners Guide : Tips & Tricks, Ask A Question

Postby Deborah J » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:01 am

TheSparrow wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
TheSparrow wrote:Friend: "What was the Christmas one this year"
Me: "It wasn't, it was a new year one and they did Daleks"
Friend: "Oh they did Daleks? They got a new thing?"
Me: "yeah, it looked a bit trash though"
*shows him *
Friend: "Aww, mate. That is reet shitters"
Me: "innit"

I'll fight you.

Gl, boo. I'll win.

I mean probably, yeah. But I feel like I'd have the moral victory.
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 1332
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Re: Beginners Guide : Tips & Tricks, Ask A Question

Postby skifflebits » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:43 pm

TheSparrow wrote:Friend: "What was the Christmas one this year"
Me: "It wasn't, it was a new year one and they did Daleks"
Friend: "Oh they did Daleks? They got a new thing?"
Me: "yeah, it looked a bit trash though"
*shows him *
Friend: "Aww, mate. That is reet shitters"
Me: "innit"

"A bit trash?"

IT WAS MADE IN A JUNKYARD!

:roll:
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

User avatar
TheSparrow
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:15 pm

Re: Beginners Guide : Tips & Tricks, Ask A Question

Postby TheSparrow » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:29 pm

skifflebits wrote:
TheSparrow wrote:Friend: "What was the Christmas one this year"
Me: "It wasn't, it was a new year one and they did Daleks"
Friend: "Oh they did Daleks? They got a new thing?"
Me: "yeah, it looked a bit trash though"
*shows him *
Friend: "Aww, mate. That is reet shitters"
Me: "innit"

"A bit trash?"

IT WAS MADE IN A JUNKYARD!

:roll:

Oh
My new signature - as made by the wonderful 'Deborah J'
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 1332
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Re: Beginners Guide : Tips & Tricks, Ask A Question

Postby skifflebits » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:23 pm

So if we could get back to the question at hand... If you didn't get lost scrolling through Sparrow's new wall-sized signature graphic... :sigh

If anyone's seen any schematics or production art from the "Resolution" Dalek, please let me know. My Googling has turned up nothing.

Thanks!
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

User avatar
EmeraldThorn
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:57 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Beginners Guide : Tips & Tricks, Ask A Question

Postby EmeraldThorn » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:39 pm

Still not sure how anyone who has seen the special can miss that about the Dalek, it's a key part of the story. Also was that posted in the wrong topic?

Not much luck my end skifflebits sorry

User avatar
CharlieTheWhovian
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:56 pm
Location: The City of Gallifrey, A Bubble Universe...

Re: Beginners Guide : Tips & Tricks, Ask A Question

Postby CharlieTheWhovian » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:53 am

Considering making a custom Bill and just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the hair piece is part of the sculpt or separate? I can't quite tell...

User avatar
ADandyAndAClown
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: Beginners Guide : Tips & Tricks, Ask A Question

Postby ADandyAndAClown » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:23 pm

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:Considering making a custom Bill and just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the hair piece is part of the sculpt or separate? I can't quite tell...


I would imagine that it's separate, for ease of moulding and casting, but as I don't actually own a figure of Bill, I can't say with certainty.
"Ah, there you are! I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Oh, so you're my replacements. Hmm. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?"

"Uh, well we've assessed the situation-"

"Just as I thought! Hmm. Nothing."

User avatar
ADandyAndAClown
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: Beginners Guide : Tips & Tricks, Ask A Question

Postby ADandyAndAClown » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:28 pm

I've had a bit of an issue with both of my Season 12 4th Doctor figures. My first figure (which was one all the way from Wave 1, with a crushed and cut plastic card) had an issue with his neck, in that the peg came loose and sunk down into his body. I assumed that this was a one-off issue with the figure, so I ordered a second one. This one was from the rerelease a few years ago, in the diamond-shaped packaging. Well, after swapping the heads around once or twice, the same problem occurred.

Is this an issue with all the Season 12 4th Doctor figures, or did I just get unlucky twice in a row? Also, is there any way to go about fixing this without completely dismantling the figure? I've never had much success with those methods, and usually end up ruining the softer plastics (coats, shirt-pieces, etc) in the process. :cry:

Image
"Ah, there you are! I seem to be stuck up here. Hmm? Oh, so you're my replacements. Hmm. A dandy and a clown. Have you done anything?"

"Uh, well we've assessed the situation-"

"Just as I thought! Hmm. Nothing."

User avatar
DukeNukem 2417
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:05 pm
Location: [REDACTED]

Re: Beginners Guide : Tips & Tricks, Ask A Question

Postby DukeNukem 2417 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:33 pm

ADandyAndAClown wrote:I've had a bit of an issue with both of my Season 12 4th Doctor figures. My first figure (which was one all the way from Wave 1, with a crushed and cut plastic card) had an issue with his neck, in that the peg came loose and sunk down into his body. I assumed that this was a one-off issue with the figure, so I ordered a second one. This one was from the rerelease a few years ago, in the diamond-shaped packaging. Well, after swapping the heads around once or twice, the same problem occurred.

Is this an issue with all the Season 12 4th Doctor figures, or did I just get unlucky twice in a row? Also, is there any way to go about fixing this without completely dismantling the figure? I've never had much success with those methods, and usually end up ruining the softer plastics (coats, shirt-pieces, etc) in the process. :cry:

Image


My Fourth Doctor figure has that EXACT same issue! I'm thinking it's a problem with the design of the torso and how the put the peg in for the interchangeable heads.....I thought about opening the torso and gluing the peg in place, but figured it'd be too much trouble.
Through the darkness of future past,
The magician longs to see....
One chants out between two worlds:
"Fire...walk with me."


Return to “Customs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests