Most Wanted

TARDIS23

Most Wanted

Post by TARDIS23 »

Quick idea for a thread to share what figures we are all most actively looking to track down for our collections currently. Perhaps with more eyes some of us may be able to track some of them down for decent prices online easier.
My current list off the top of my head is:
Red Supreme Dalek
NOTD 8
Andrazoni TARDIS
Silver Nemesis B&M set
Any versions I like of 1, 5, 6, 9
New sculpt Dalek Sec
Series 6 Cyberman
11 and metallic Dalek Strategist

Spannerintheworks

Re: Most Wanted

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Great idea!!

*The upcoming new sets! (I'm in the US, so any new release - even with the assurance this time of domestic distribution - concerns me with accessibility and available stock)
*The original Hartnell TARDIS set (w/lights & sound)
*3rd Doctor & maggots
*3rd Doctor & "Death" Dalek
*"Dead Planet" FX Dalek

rhysch

Post by rhysch »

what a fab idea! i’ve spent most of lockdown searching ebay for bargains so i’ve managed to fill some gaps, thankfully. but some i’m still yet to find for a decent price are...

• the upcoming B&M sets (obvs)
• series 4 Davros
• series 4 supreme dalek
• the B&M classic K9
• series 5 eleventh doctor (blue shirt variant)
Formerly ‘chocywhovian’ thankfully I’ve matured since then 😂

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I've been thinking about this a lot recently, I managed to track down one of the Web Planet hartnells from the 13 doctors set, which was one of my biggies for a long time, and a cheap moxx of balhoon, which isn't hard to come by but I'd always meanto get one and never done that. There are a lot I'd quite like but if I cut it down, ignoring the upcoming B&M stuff for now, I'd say my most wanted figures are probably:

Unearthly Child 1st Doctor + Tardis
DIOE 1st Doctor
Mechanoid
Drone Dalek from the chase to evil, silver and blue with slats
Mechanoid
Three Doctors 3
Planet 3
Time Warrior 3
Dinosaurs 3
Wisher Davros
Revenge Cyberman/Leader
Priory Sutekh
Invasion of Time Sontaran
Both non-suicide Destiny Daleks
Melkur
Sharaz Jek
Either of the blue 6th doctors
pink peri
Stealth cyberman
Imperial Dalek
Remembrance Supreme
Renegade Dalek
Emperor Davros
Mccoy Tardis
TRU mcgann/dalek set
ROTC cybercontroller
Next Doctor Cyberleader

I think that's about it, the rarer and harder to get it is the more I want it, but the ones in bold are my absolute top picks.

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

I've got quite a few gaps to fill tbh,

I'm most after
3 with Maggots
The B&W sets
The Hartnell TARDIS
Real Time 6
Regen 6
And the original 4th TARDIS
Remembrance Davros
Black Dalek from Remembrance
Toshiko
Scaroth

So yeah no pressure :lol:

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

So, I just double checked before posting it.

The blue shirt 11th Doctor, Scaroth, and many of Deb's wants (the Emperor Davros, Sharaz Jek, Stealth Cyberman/pink Peri, Priory Sutekh, and Stor to name a few) are on US domestic Amazon as originally packaged at rates I'd call reasonable. (Between $19.99 - 39.99 depending on the set.) "Remembrance" Davros being the exception at $59.99 with his destroyed friend.

I know overseas shipping would come into play, but I've had to do the reverse and it didn't kill me; on average add $5-8.
Last edited by Spannerintheworks on Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle_Abe

Post by Uncle_Abe »

For me it's:
"Remembrance" Daleks, especially the White and Gold Imperial ones (I'm willing to pay for these, I can't even find them for sale any more, never mind at a reasonable price. There's a reason this is at the top of my list. I don't have one, and I really really want one.)
"Death to the Daleks" Daleks
First doctor in Cloak and hat (can do open coat this time) , preferably with a Tardis
Season 18 Burgundy Tom Baker, maybe with a hat this time
Night of the Doctor McGann (Make it a Big Finish set, the last ones sold well: Put him with a Lucie Miller new head sculpt on a repainted Novice Hame body, include a monster re-issue, maybe a revenge cyberman because they're always in demand and the art for the Sword of Orion box looks kinda revenge-cyberman-y. Maybe stick a new cyber head sculpt on an existing cyber body?)
K-1 Robot (make it a larger £25 set, just give us the parts, we'll put it together ourselves, which can be billed as a "feature" (build your own model!) Maybe put it with a Harry Sullivan head on a Dr Constantine body for the iconic scene immediately after the Doctor regenerates.
Ainley Master (obviously)

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

I'm a complete lunatic completionist so there's a lot that I could put on my most wanted list, I guess the rarest things i'm missing are the black and white sets and the Time Crash set, but what bugs me the most at the moment is the fact that I never got the Revelation of the Daleks 4 pack (cloaked Colin, Davros with no hand). I also don't have a proper coated Captain Jack, only the RAF one and the coatless series 3 one. And then there's the Vespiform, which I think most people are missing, i'd love to finish that at some point (i've only got River from that wave).

TARDIS23

Post by TARDIS23 »

rhysch wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:52 pm
what a fab idea! i’ve spent most of lockdown searching ebay for bargains so i’ve managed to fill some gaps, thankfully. but some i’m still yet to find for a decent price are...

• the upcoming B&M sets (obvs)
• series 4 Davros
• series 4 supreme dalek
• the B&M classic K9
• series 5 eleventh doctor (blue shirt variant)
I’ve found a Davros on eBay for £15 starting bid with no bids and just under a day left. It’s loose but worth a look

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114249682648

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

On my most wanted list are the following (in no particular order):

Rory Williams
Bill Potts
Enemies of the Third Doctor
Tenth Planet Cyberboi
Revenge Cyberbois
OG War Doctor

And probably some more that I can't think of at the moment. It helps that I'm not a completionist so I'm not bothered about some of the really expensive and rare sets I've missed. In fact I think most of what I've listed is readily available at decent prices.