Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
Galactic YoYo

Controversial Opinions

Post by Galactic YoYo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:19 am

For Me:
Doctor Who was at it's best in the 1960s
I prefer Roy Skelton to Nick Briggs as the voice of the Daleks
I like Mel and have no problem with Adric
I like TV Mel better than TV Peri, though it's the reverse when it comes to Big Finish
I like Rosa
Matt Smith is my favourite NEW series Doctor
Series 6 is both Smith's best and worst season
Patrick Troughton is the definitive Doctor
Lungbarrow is in my Head Canon, War of the Daleks is not
The Silver Turk was disappointing
I find the Graham Williams era dull.
The Maximum Length of a story should be just over 2 hours
I prefer Charley Pollard to Lucie Miller
Peri and Erimem are Five's best Tardis team
Zagreus is my favourite Anniversary story
Geoffrey Beevers is my favourite Master
Terry Molloy is my favourite Davros
The 80s had the best Dalek stories
Tennant's era ends with Stolen Earth in my head canon
"It seems that I am some kind of a Galactic yoyo" Jon Pertwee- The Claws of Axos

SJF

Re: Controversial Opinions

Post by SJF » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:56 pm

For me:

None of the opinions listed above are correct except the Rosa one.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:11 pm

I definitely prefer Skelton to Briggs, Roy Skelton had the best voice for daleks.

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:18 pm

1. I agree about Matt Smith.
2. I quite liked Jodie.
3. Peter Davison was "my" Doctor.
4. I preferred the old 4 (or 6) x half hour episodes with cliffhangers format to hour long standalone episodes.
5. I wasn't mad keen on David Tennant, especially towards the end of his run.
6. Daleks shouldn't fly.
7. The only acceptable Cyberman catchphrase is "Excellent".
8. Nyssa was the hottest companion, ever.
9. K9 was often used as a lazy deus ex machina (though I still loved him).
10. Classic Daleks sounded better.
11. I did like the rotating gun platforms though.
12. I wish we'd seen the full potential of the new paradigm Daleks.
13. I'll probably think of a bunch more just after I submit.

CharlieTheWhovian

Post by CharlieTheWhovian » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:42 pm

1. 'The Doctor's Wife' was the weakest episode of Series 6 part 1.
2. Tish could've been just as good of a companion as Martha had she been given the opportunity.
3. Frank and Tallulah from 'Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks' would have made good companions.
4. Amy is the worst companion of New Who.
5. 'New Earth' was a great episode and series 2 was fantastic.

That's all I can think of for now but I'll be back! :twisted:

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:47 pm

I think I said this before but:

I don't really dislike any Doctor Who, the worst episodes I tend to just find "meh"

Galactic YoYo

Post by Galactic YoYo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:05 pm

After watching a video about deciding the best Tardis team, I came to the conclusion that I think that Troughton, Jamie and Zoe are the best. These two companions sum up Sydney Newman's intention for the show, to teach people about Science and History, I.E the computer genius from the future and a Survivor of a famous historical event. Plus out of all the Doctors, Troughton is probably the one that most influence for later incarnations is taken from. Not my favourite Tardis team, but in my mind they seem like the best template. Any thoughts?
"It seems that I am some kind of a Galactic yoyo" Jon Pertwee- The Claws of Axos

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:28 pm

Galactic YoYo wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:05 pm
After watching a video about deciding the best Tardis team, I came to the conclusion that I think that Troughton, Jamie and Zoe are the best. These two companions sum up Sydney Newman's intention for the show, to teach people about Science and History, I.E the computer genius from the future and a Survivor of a famous historical event. Plus out of all the Doctors, Troughton is probably the one that most influence for later incarnations is taken from. Not my favourite Tardis team, but in my mind they seem like the best template. Any thoughts?
I like the dynamic with victoria slightly better, plus the stories she's in are generally stronger, but two companions from history doesn't hit that same mark so conceptually I agree with you completely.

Galactic YoYo

Post by Galactic YoYo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:43 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:28 pm
Galactic YoYo wrote:
I like the dynamic with victoria slightly better, plus the stories she's in are generally stronger, but two companions from history doesn't hit that same mark so conceptually I agree with you completely.
Not sure if I prefer Zoe or Victoria, I like the will they/won't they dynamic Jamie and Victoria had. But it's Jamie and Zoe in my favourite Doctor Who story of all time, The Mind Robber. Legend of the Cybermen is also amazing.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:58 pm

Galactic YoYo wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:43 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:28 pm
Galactic YoYo wrote:
Not sure if I prefer Zoe or Victoria, I like the will they/won't they dynamic Jamie and Victoria had. But it's Jamie and Zoe in my favourite Doctor Who story of all time, The Mind Robber. Legend of the Cybermen is also amazing.
Ah, well here is a potential controversial opinion of mine, I've never been able to get into the Mind Robber. I just don't enjoy it at all. I wish I did, I feel like IO should love it, but it just does nothing for me.