Series 11 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

Galactic yo yo

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby Galactic yo yo » Wed May 30, 2018 6:20 am

SarahJaneFan wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:Take with a pinch of Salt
The first trailer is set to drop on the 18th of june.
Tosin Cole's name is not in the episode 1 script, restoring my faith that we maybe finally getting a historical companion again.
Captain Jack and Gwen are the big returning characters. :? Would have preferred ace but what can you do.
Episode 1 is titled the woman in Blue.
The doctor is apparently getting a cat.

This could be all BS so I apologize if this turns out not to be true.

It’ll be disappointing if those are the returning characters as it’ll pretty much contradict existing continuity.

However I think all of this is a load of rubbish because Chibnall wouldn’t let all this get leaked

I agree, but if any character was to return, it would probably be someone who Chibnall has already worked with as that appears to be his style, Martha would also be a likely, if disappointing choice.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Doctor Gamer

Postby Doctor Gamer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:22 pm

Has it been confirmed that a trailer is dropping on the 18th? If so does anyone know when?!?!
"Never eat pears. They're too squishy and they always make your chin wet. That one's quite important. Write it down." - Twelfth Doctor 2015

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Doctor Gamer wrote:Has it been confirmed that a trailer is dropping on the 18th? If so does anyone know when?!?!

Ok I have no idea where you heard that, i've seen lots of false claims with no evidence being thrown around recently. There will be an SDCC panel though so it might drop then.

Doctor Gamer

Postby Doctor Gamer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:02 pm

Doctor What wrote:
Doctor Gamer wrote:Has it been confirmed that a trailer is dropping on the 18th? If so does anyone know when?!?!

Ok I have no idea where you heard that, i've seen lots of false claims with no evidence being thrown around recently. There will be an SDCC panel though so it might drop then.

I'm pretty sure I heard it in a Youtube video, though I'm not sure... I heard something about it being during the world cup.... I don't really know!
"Never eat pears. They're too squishy and they always make your chin wet. That one's quite important. Write it down." - Twelfth Doctor 2015

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:13 am

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Doctor What wrote:

I'm pretty sure I heard it in a Youtube video, though I'm not sure... I heard something about it being during the world cup.... I don't really know!

From what I've managed to find out this whole World Cup thing was apparently started on Twitter by a fan account, literally not other mention of it before that and it has been referenced in various YouTube videos too but as far as official conformation on that goes I haven't found anything.

Some people even tweeted that the fan account blocked them when they questioned/tagged the official DW page for confirmation...so yeah take it with a hefty sack of salt!

Doctor Gamer

Postby Doctor Gamer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:46 am

Ok thanks for the clarification! I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens on the 18th!

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:12 pm

There have been leaked clips and screenshots from series 11 circulating today. Just a polite message NOT TO POST those here. If you post leaked images/clips i'll just delete them. There's nothing super spoilery but there's bits people would prefer to wait until the new series to see.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:18 am

Doctor What wrote:There have been leaked clips and screenshots from series 11 circulating today. Just a polite message NOT TO POST those here. If you post leaked images/clips i'll just delete them. There's nothing super spoilery but there's bits people would prefer to wait until the new series to see.

A link to the clip is harmless, allows people to go look at it.
I really hope that isn’t the new sonic, it looks horrid.
Love the clip though, Jodie seems great

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:30 am

Whovastron wrote:
Doctor What wrote:There have been leaked clips and screenshots from series 11 circulating today. Just a polite message NOT TO POST those here. If you post leaked images/clips i'll just delete them. There's nothing super spoilery but there's bits people would prefer to wait until the new series to see.

TW.

Yeah I guess a link wouldn't be too bad, problem with that is the BBC are taking it down as fast as its being uploaded. Also, as much as I loved the clip, I feel bad for the crew who've worked on this for months only to have it leaked and have fans given unwanted "spoilers".

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:21 pm

Doctor What wrote:
Whovastron wrote:

TW.

Yeah I guess a link wouldn't be too bad, problem with that is the BBC are taking it down as fast as its being uploaded. Also, as much as I loved the clip, I feel bad for the crew who've worked on this for months only to have it leaked and have fans given unwanted "spoilers".

I have a feeling this was leaked intentionally. I mean it’s edited and everything, just a little ‘hey it’s going fine and here’s what 13 is like’

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”