Series 11 Discussion Thread

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

Valeyard

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby Valeyard » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:25 pm

The Empty Child wrote:But Jodie Whittaker is the first woman to play Doctor Who. Joanna Lumley isn't canon. :P

You take that back, Curse of Fatal Death is and always will be canon to me. Here’s my headcanon explaining how:

The War Doctor had a really bad acid trip while watching Mr. Bean and ended up thinking that his next incarnation would look like Rowan Atkinson resulting in the events of that story taking place.

Also it’s the only good comedic based story Moffat’s written for Doctor Who. Tell me that Space/Time is as good as this with a straight face.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Valeyard wrote:
The Empty Child wrote:But Jodie Whittaker is the first woman to play Doctor Who. Joanna Lumley isn't canon. :P

You take that back, Curse of Fatal Death is and always will be canon to me. Here’s my headcanon explaining how:

The War Doctor had a really bad acid trip while watching Mr. Bean and ended up thinking that his next incarnation would look like Rowan Atkinson resulting in the events of that story taking place.

Also it’s the only good comedic based story Moffat’s written for Doctor Who. Tell me that Space/Time is as good as this with a straight face.

So many elements of it ended up in modern who it might as well be canon.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:39 pm

Valeyard wrote:

Curse is fine and fun. But it’s just a silly parody and nothing more to me. Space/time is a lovely little story. Moffat seems to always do well on these short episodes; like time crash and the ‘meanwhile’ stories.

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Official photos of the 4 leads have been revealed, won't show for spoilers.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:Official photos of the 4 leads have been revealed, won't show for spoilers.

This is a series 11 discussion thread, surely official photos should be posted. And how on earth would they be spoilers?

EDIT: Also where are these photos? They’re not on the Twitter feed, official website and there’s no news headlines on google?

TW.
Last edited by Whovastron on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Yeah they're 0% spoilers, that's fine to post. As i've said before, official stuff is fine but no leaked stuff.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:02 am

These photos are from Entertaiment weekly
JodieWhittakerEW.jpg
JodieWhittakerEW.jpg (57.36 KiB) Viewed 108 times

Dh7Ym-lWsAcE8z3.jpg
Dh7Ym-lWsAcE8z3.jpg (64.05 KiB) Viewed 108 times

cast.jpg
cast.jpg (70.02 KiB) Viewed 108 times

bad geminton

Postby bad geminton » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:07 am

We've also got this picture, although Jodie herself isn't in it.

s11.jpg
s11.jpg (128.35 KiB) Viewed 89 times
Do you know who I miss? That guy with the potatoes, let's bring him back...

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:44 pm

The first male companions in Nuwho not to be in a relationship with a female companion who have been a traveller for more than 2 stories. I am 100% in

TW.

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:46 pm

Whovastron wrote:The first male companions in Nuwho not to be in a relationship with a female companion who have been a traveller for more than 2 stories. I am 100% in

TW.

Umm, what about our lord and saviour, the great Nardole?

Anyway, in other news, Series 11 trailer this Sunday! HYPE!

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”