Series 11 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

idontremembermylogin

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby idontremembermylogin » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:48 pm

Just saw an official Doctor Who instagram post announcing a trailer during the World Cup final.
Yes you're right, they don't even sell Doctor Who figures in Dubai.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:39 pm

The Outcast wrote:
Whovastron wrote:The first male companions in Nuwho not to be in a relationship with a female companion who have been a traveller for more than 2 stories. I am 100% in

TW.

Umm, what about our lord and saviour, the great Nardole?

Anyway, in other news, Series 11 trailer this Sunday! HYPE!

Not sure a weird alien robot guy who’s as weird as the doctor counts. Apart from jack, who was only a travelling companion for 2 stories, we haven’t had a human Man in the TARDIS who isnt a boyfriend/ doesn’t actually want to be there. Mickey was the former but Rory was both.

Regarding this trailer, the announcement is worded more like footage, I bet it’s the leaked stuff.

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:27 am

Whovastron wrote:Not sure a weird alien robot guy who’s as weird as the doctor counts. Apart from jack, who was only a travelling companion for 2 stories, we haven’t had a human Man in the TARDIS who isnt a boyfriend/ doesn’t actually want to be there. Mickey was the former but Rory was both.

Regarding this trailer, the announcement is worded more like footage, I bet it’s the leaked stuff.

From what I've heard, the footage is actually going to be a specially filmed teaser, like the "Time for Heroes" teaser last year, which is fine by me. I highly doubt it'll be the leaked footage, as the only times they really show pure footage is in interviews (e.g. Graham Norton) or during Children in Need, which is happening during the Series.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:14 am

The Outcast wrote:
Whovastron wrote:Not sure a weird alien robot guy who’s as weird as the doctor counts. Apart from jack, who was only a travelling companion for 2 stories, we haven’t had a human Man in the TARDIS who isnt a boyfriend/ doesn’t actually want to be there. Mickey was the former but Rory was both.

From what I've heard, the footage is actually going to be a specially filmed teaser, like the "Time for Heroes" teaser last year, which is fine by me. I highly doubt it'll be the leaked footage, as the only times they really show pure footage is in interviews (e.g. Graham Norton) or during Children in Need, which is happening during the Series.

The thing is, that leaked footage is obviously for promotional use, it ends with her saying “I need a Doctor” or something like that.

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Well that was... Boring :roll:
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:Well that was... Boring :roll:

Interesting but certainly not worth the hype...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNy2kz-F0KQ

Neon Wolf

Postby Neon Wolf » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:43 pm

It's quite good for a teaser, gives you a feel for the series and the new Doctor. I quite like the warm vibe I get from Jodie, she seems lovely when she's been interviewed and that seems to reflect well here. I'm interested to see how the new dynamic plays out between the Doctor and the new companions this series, in previous series we've seen it as Fatherly/ Grandfatherly or in some cases even brotherly so this time round I hope we get something Motherly.

One thing I'd note though is that even at this late stage there doesn't appear to be any hype for this so that might be a little worrying for the beeb. I still stand by what I've said on the matter previously though in that this move to a female Doctor would have been better after the 11th or 10th. If they'd have done it when the show was at it's peak it would have shown confidence in the show going forward whereas doing it now after the show had begun to stagnate feels more like they're going for shocks to bring people back in.

idontremembermylogin

Postby idontremembermylogin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:54 pm

BBC America's twitter: "Some more new Doctor Who here this Thursday"

I guess that confirms that we're getting some footage at SDCC - sure that was expected but at least we know something's happening.

idontremembermylogin

Postby idontremembermylogin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”