Re: The "What's Made You FROWN Today?" thread

Post by DalekCheese » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:33 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:30 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:26 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:24 pm

Can't be worse than what I got a few years ago dude, two Us and kicked out of another subject before I got to an exam. :lol: Thankfully I hated the idea of uni so wasn't bothered.
It’s because you’re a silliboi.
Well there is that yes. :lol: Also didn't help that my guinea pig died two days before the first exam, and that I'd been having a running feud with one of my teachers for the whole year. Still I was proved right in the end.
Oddly enough, the biggest argument I’ve ever got into with a teacher was about the Dr. Who theme tune.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:38 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:33 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Well there is that yes. :lol: Also didn't help that my guinea pig died two days before the first exam, and that I'd been having a running feud with one of my teachers for the whole year. Still I was proved right in the end.
Oddly enough, the biggest argument I’ve ever got into with a teacher was about the Dr. Who theme tune.
If only this argument was that mundane. She had it in for me from that start because I stood up for myself and knew my own mind and she didn't like that. A-levels were not the happiest two years of my life, with hindsight I should never have stayed on. Oh well.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:39 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:38 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:33 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
If only this argument was that mundane. She had it in for me from that start because I stood up for myself and knew my own mind and she didn't like that. A-levels were not the happiest two years of my life, with hindsight I should never have stayed on. Oh well.
:( shame that there are so many people like that.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:25 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
TheSparrow wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:13 pm
Didn't get the grades I wanted, but I'm also not going to uni. So who cares, and what's the point in being alive? :)
Can't be worse than what I got a few years ago dude, two Us and kicked out of another subject before I got to an exam. :lol: Thankfully I hated the idea of uni so wasn't bothered.
What did you do instead, Dan? I'm at a loss on what to do with myself.
I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE YET.
I'LL DO IT IN A BIT. :D

I can't help how big Deborah made my signature, stop bullying me Skifflebits:(

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:14 pm

I did the whole uni bit, it's not all that.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:19 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:25 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
TheSparrow wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:13 pm
Didn't get the grades I wanted, but I'm also not going to uni. So who cares, and what's the point in being alive? :)
For the rest of the year nothing, I was stressed out, hated the world and needed to relax. Later started volunteering in a charity shop for three years because I couldn't find a job. Last year I got a job and after exactly one year I quit because it was hell. Now I'm at a loss myself friend.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:19 pm
TheSparrow wrote:
Danoftardis wrote:

For the rest of the year nothing, I was stressed out, hated the world and needed to relax. Later started volunteering in a charity shop for three years because I couldn't find a job. Last year I got a job and after exactly one year I quit because it was hell. Now I'm at a loss myself friend.
No idea if it’s anything for you, but- just an idea- take a look at the Heart of England Forest Project. It isn’t amazing pay, but it’s something.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:28 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:24 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:19 pm
TheSparrow wrote:

No idea if it’s anything for you, but- just an idea- take a look at the Heart of England Forest Project. It isn’t amazing pay, but it’s something.
I'll look into it, thx. :)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:23 pm

I've been feeling really awful lately. I mean within a stretch of lately that encompasses the last couple of years but more and more so of late. I feel like I'm right on the edge of a precipice right now, just on the edge of breaking. But then also perhaps I already did break and this is just the void on the other side of that. I don't really know what I can do to change it either, I don't see any real way out of the hole I've fallen into. This is just it for me now.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:29 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:23 pm
I've been feeling really awful lately. I mean within a stretch of lately that encompasses the last couple of years but more and more so of late. I feel like I'm right on the edge of a precipice right now, just on the edge of breaking. But then also perhaps I already did break and this is just the void on the other side of that. I don't really know what I can do to change it either, I don't see any real way out of the hole I've fallen into. This is just it for me now.
Never say that. There always is something for everyone. You'll find it.