Prototype and Unreleased Figures

CaptainJimiPie

Re: Prototype and Unreleased Figures

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:15 pm

EmeraldThorn wrote:
Lovaticnwhovian wrote:Don’t know if anyone seen, but someone is selling the 5th Doctor tardis prototype on eBay for £550 :shock:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3682474767

I don’t know what everyone else thinks but to me it just looks like the 1st Doctor tardis with new signs, repainted windows and without the St. John’s logo

I'm pretty sure in essence that was the case

It is exactly the same sculpt as the 7th Doctor TARDIS

So as nice as it is you are looking at over £500 just for a different paint job

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:17 pm

A lot of the people on here would be able to just do that themselves. Then again, the 1st and 7th doctors tardises are pretty rare now, aren't they? Maybe not as rare as that though, idk.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:26 pm

Deborah J wrote:A lot of the people on here would be able to just do that themselves. Then again, the 1st and 7th doctors tardises are pretty rare now, aren't they? Maybe not as rare as that though, idk.

It’s goes 4,7,1 from rarest to not-as-rarest. 4th can fetch a few hundred now. You’ll probably just about crack a hundred with 1

TW.
Been on here 8 years...blimey

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:46 am

Yup..It's the same sculpt with different stickers and deco. it's pretty sweet though.

Not sure I'd spend that amount on it if I didn't haveit though

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:53 am

Whovastron wrote:
Deborah J wrote:A lot of the people on here would be able to just do that themselves. Then again, the 1st and 7th doctors tardises are pretty rare now, aren't they? Maybe not as rare as that though, idk.

It’s goes 4,7,1 from rarest to not-as-rarest. 4th can fetch a few hundred now. You’ll probably just about crack a hundred with 1

TW.

Really? That's surprising, I'd have said out of the three the 4th Doctor's one was the least interesting visually. When these were still on sale there were still quite a few of these left in my nearest forbidden planet more than a year after the other two had disappeared from shelves. I guess it's hard to tell what will become popular later. If I had had the money back then I'd have gotten them in the opposite order, the first doctor one was the one I thought was nicest, and came with a figure I didn't have, the 7th doctor one was close second and came with a figure that I could currently make up from swappable parts that I have, but couldn't at the time, the 4th doctor's one was nice, for sure, and I've bought two variations on it in the last year, but the flat roof is less fun to me, and also it came with a figure that everyone had at least one of already. But yeah, shows what I know. Still hopeful that B&M might do their versions of that hartnell tardis at some point, maybe they'd do the weathering slightly different, do cloak and hat figure with the open jacket base just to make it a little different, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

EmeraldThorn

Postby EmeraldThorn » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:51 pm

4's likely sold out quicker due to the Doctor it was connected to as at the time he was still seen as the all time favorite and it is possibly 1 and 7 weren't as known. That said I have the 1st one as I could afford it and I saw 7's in person a bit before I think but was priced too high for me at the time plus I wasn't collecting the figures at that time. Hindsight sucks.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:42 pm

I only managed to get Hartnel’s because it was half off I think. It’s the nicest imo anyway.

TW.
Been on here 8 years...blimey

Ben C.

Postby Ben C. » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:13 pm

HubertBonisseur wrote:Yup..It's the same sculpt with different stickers and deco. it's pretty sweet though.

It's super sweet! One of the best looking of the bunch. And I actually have the extra $ at this time to pick it up.
But it's totally not worth that price. Or even half that price. And considering how well the last 2 releases apparently sold, I'm thinking this may be the next anyway. I suppose if you had a museum (e.g. WhoNA) or were mistakenly thinking about it as an investment, it *might* be worth it. Ah, whatever - it's worth however much someone is willing to pay :) . Shoot - I just dropped a stupid amount on a cast-signed Orville poster, so who am I to talk :lol:

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:35 pm

Ben C. wrote:
HubertBonisseur wrote:Yup..It's the same sculpt with different stickers and deco. it's pretty sweet though.

It's super sweet! One of the best looking of the bunch. And I actually have the extra $ at this time to pick it up.
But it's totally not worth that price. Or even half that price. And considering how well the last 2 releases apparently sold, I'm thinking this may be the next anyway. I suppose if you had a museum (e.g. WhoNA) or were mistakenly thinking about it as an investment, it *might* be worth it. Ah, whatever - it's worth however much someone is willing to pay :) . Shoot - I just dropped a stupid amount on a cast-signed Orville poster, so who am I to talk :lol:

If someone has the money then they'll probably spend it all on something they don't really need. Like me, I went for years without getting new clothes because I didn't have all that much to spend and I frittered away what I did have on doctor who figures and things like that. Now I actually do have more money, I buy enough normal clothes to make one outfit then go right back to squandering it on silly stuff again. I mean in my defense some of the silly stuff is technically clothes, if I can actually get away with going around in my knock-off clara outfit I blew my month's budget on then I guess I can at least justify that. The moral though is that a fool and their money re soon parted. I'm just glad I don't have £500 or I'd probably be the one buying that 3 months before B&M inevitably announce one for £20.

Ben C.

Postby Ben C. » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:54 pm

Deborah J wrote:The moral though is that a fool and their money re soon parted.

And I was *such* a fool with my money in my 20's! Oh I wasted so much...

Deborah J wrote:I'm just glad I don't have £500 or I'd probably be the one buying that 3 months before B&M inevitably announce one for £20.

HA! You're pretty together - I'm pretty sure you wouldn't succumb to the impulse!

Return to “5" Figures”