Prototype and Unreleased Figures

HubertBonisseur

Re: Prototype and Unreleased Figures

Postby HubertBonisseur » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:51 am

I think the unreleased CO item I spent the most on was the Bad Wolf tardis, and even that one wasn't that expensive.

Dalek Thay

Postby Dalek Thay » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:20 am

Saw that 5th Doctor’s Tardis earlier, nice looking piece but an absolutely ridiculous price for a different paint job at the end of the day.

The classic Tardis sets weren’t hugely popular when they came out, they hung around for a while. Only one I got back then was the 7th Doctor, and that was only when it was cheaper through SciFiColector! Wasn’t bothered about the 4th because of the reuse of the Season 12 4th Doc. Eventually got the set loose about 3 years ago. Remember seeing the 1st & Tardis still in FPI Liverpool about 5 years ago and I didn’t get it, wish I did because it’s definitely my most wanted figure set now! Unique figure and the Tardis looks great. Hopefully one day!

Galifreyan

Postby Galifreyan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:13 pm

HubertBonisseur wrote:I think the unreleased CO item I spent the most on was the Bad Wolf tardis, and even that one wasn't that expensive.

I would have liked a Bad Wolf Tardis.

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:58 pm

I don't remember what I paid for the fifth Doctor TARDIS I got on eBay years ago, but it wasn't crazy. I think at the time the seller had managed to get a hold of quite a few of them, and for some reason the demand wasn't all that high, either.

It's a great piece. I hope B&M take the plunge on it, because it would make a lot of collectors very happy.
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:22 pm

skifflebits wrote:I don't remember what I paid for the fifth Doctor TARDIS I got on eBay years ago, but it wasn't crazy. I think at the time the seller had managed to get a hold of quite a few of them, and for some reason the demand wasn't all that high, either.

It's a great piece. I hope B&M take the plunge on it, because it would make a lot of collectors very happy.

I seem to remember I paid about £60 with free shipping and the 5th doctor figure was included.

Lovaticnwhovian

Postby Lovaticnwhovian » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:35 am

Someone posted this on a doctor who collectors page on Facebook, supposedly they’re all prototypes, the war doc one has the interior card inside apparently by no lights and sounds

Does anyone think it could potentially be a future B&M set? It’s also interesting that it’s got an 11th Doctor tardis lamp which is more accurate to the screen used prop

Also the 5th doctor tardis has weathering very similar to the other B&M sets as opposed to the old unreleased version
7DD26B0B-E650-40DE-B1C1-995BD11F1455.jpeg
7DD26B0B-E650-40DE-B1C1-995BD11F1455.jpeg (107.48 KiB) Viewed 409 times
(Formally Wholords2)

Star wars, Demi Lovato, Sia ,Doctor who and Ariana grande fan!!

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:13 am

Maybe it means the war Doctor is the summer set? Would be pretty cool. Although I don’t feel a need for a 3rd version of the War Doctor

TW.
Been on here 8 years...blimey

Lovaticnwhovian

Postby Lovaticnwhovian » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:46 am

Whovastron wrote:Maybe it means the war Doctor is the summer set? Would be pretty cool. Although I don’t feel a need for a 3rd version of the War Doctor

TW.

Would be good if they gave him darker hair and tried to make a younger war doctor even if it isn’t accurate
(Formally Wholords2)

Star wars, Demi Lovato, Sia ,Doctor who and Ariana grande fan!!

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:38 pm

A War Doctor TARDIS? That'd be damn nice. I'd take that.

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:39 pm

Hmmm... A War Doctor TARDIS seems like a bit of a niche choice for a store that seems targeted toward the general public, but who knows?
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

Return to “5" Figures”