B&M doctor who sets.

Spannerintheworks
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 am

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Spannerintheworks »

JamieBate wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:16 pm
Also Al, rereleases are still welcome! Especially on army builder figures!
I actually love the Dalek sets for this potential.

I know there are some iconic one-offs (The Supreme in Planet, the Special Weapons Dalek) that make sense to rerelease but personally I'd prefer they mostly follow the pattern of set 1 and lend themselves to army build.

Frax Owen
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:19 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Frax Owen »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:25 pm
JamieBate wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:16 pm
Also Al, rereleases are still welcome! Especially on army builder figures!
I actually love the Dalek sets for this potential.

I know there are some iconic one-offs (The Supreme in Planet, the Special Weapons Dalek) that make sense to rerelease but personally I'd prefer they mostly follow the pattern of set 1 and lend themselves to army build.
Whilst I like army building potential, it’s nice to see the Dalek invasion of earth supreme getting a much needed re release. I hope this happens for other rarer ones offs. :)

Also one offs can always be customised To drones or other variants by those who buy multiple sets.

If it’s unlikely we’ll get movie Daleks and if they ever re release the planet supreme then I’ll be buying shed loads of those sets to customise into 2150ad Daleks haha

Spannerintheworks
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 am

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Frax Owen wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:32 pm
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:25 pm
JamieBate wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:16 pm
Also Al, rereleases are still welcome! Especially on army builder figures!
I actually love the Dalek sets for this potential.

I know there are some iconic one-offs (The Supreme in Planet, the Special Weapons Dalek) that make sense to rerelease but personally I'd prefer they mostly follow the pattern of set 1 and lend themselves to army build.
Whilst I like army building potential, it’s nice to see the Dalek invasion of earth supreme getting a much needed re release. I hope this happens for other rarer ones offs. :)

Also one offs can always be customised To drones or other variants by those who buy multiple sets.

If it’s unlikely we’ll get movie Daleks and if they ever re release the planet supreme then I’ll be buying shed loads of those sets to customise into 2150ad Daleks haha
I agree! I really just hope the majority of the sets aren't one-offs. The Supreme from Planet was released once in a set more than a decade ago. So, if that's who they rerelease in that set, I more than understand. Same with the Black Dalek
from "Invasion of Earth".

But otherwise, for the most part this is a cool opportunity and even some rare ones lend to Army Building. The "Destiny" bombs Dalek is a perfect example, and even the Chase Guard Dalek appeared as a pair onscreen.

And, If this leads to new arms as a possibility, it'd be more immediately great for "The Chase" (Perceptor arm), "Masterplan" (Flame arm reissue), and "Power" (Mutant scoop).

TheOnComingStorm
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:45 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Thank you Al for these stunning sets.

You could make Romana 1 with an Idris figure from The Stones Of Blood.

I would love it and many of us would if you could re-release many of the classic daleks that are now impossible to buy. I would also love a re-release of the Ainley Master. The toysrus sets with Dr and daleks are hard for people to get. Now that Toysrus are gone- can't these be reissued one-day?

Thanks again!

What are the chances now of a new Rose Tyler?

TheOnComingStorm
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:45 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

It amazes me why we had Peri as the first classic companion when CO had more money to use in new sculpted etc. Peri is not the fans first choice and isn't a favourite tbh. People wpild have preferred Sarah.

JamieBate
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:01 am

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by JamieBate »

I find it curious that a B&M I visited today had stacks and stacks of Pertwee Tardis sets, 2018 three packs, two doctors sets and recent Dalek sets. Are they making too many sets that they can’t sell or does it not matter after they make a certain amount of money off of it or something like that? That’s not necessarily an Al question but I’m curious nonetheless. Couldn’t help picking up the last couple of 70s sets at £8 a piece for the Autons.

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 2793
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Deborah J »

I think the fact the last lot of sets were released immediately before lockdown probably didn't help sales much. I only just managed to get mine before isolation kicked in, another day and I'd have had to pass, and I really wanted that pert
Image

Lepter1
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:52 am

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Lepter1 »

JamieBate wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:11 pm
I find it curious that a B&M I visited today had stacks and stacks of Pertwee Tardis sets, 2018 three packs, two doctors sets and recent Dalek sets. Are they making too many sets that they can’t sell or does it not matter after they make a certain amount of money off of it or something like that? That’s not necessarily an Al question but I’m curious nonetheless. Couldn’t help picking up the last couple of 70s sets at £8 a piece for the Autons.
I think lockdown put paid to alot of sales. I'm sure they will go when things get back to normal.

Frax Owen
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:19 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Frax Owen »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:42 pm
Frax Owen wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:32 pm
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:25 pm


I actually love the Dalek sets for this potential.

I know there are some iconic one-offs (The Supreme in Planet, the Special Weapons Dalek) that make sense to rerelease but personally I'd prefer they mostly follow the pattern of set 1 and lend themselves to army build.
Whilst I like army building potential, it’s nice to see the Dalek invasion of earth supreme getting a much needed re release. I hope this happens for other rarer ones offs. :)

Also one offs can always be customised To drones or other variants by those who buy multiple sets.

If it’s unlikely we’ll get movie Daleks and if they ever re release the planet supreme then I’ll be buying shed loads of those sets to customise into 2150ad Daleks haha
I agree! I really just hope the majority of the sets aren't one-offs. The Supreme from Planet was released once in a set more than a decade ago. So, if that's who they rerelease in that set, I more than understand. Same with the Black Dalek
from "Invasion of Earth".

But otherwise, for the most part this is a cool opportunity and even some rare ones lend to Army Building. The "Destiny" bombs Dalek is a perfect example, and even the Chase Guard Dalek appeared as a pair onscreen.

And, If this leads to new arms as a possibility, it'd be more immediately great for "The Chase" (Perceptor arm), "Masterplan" (Flame arm reissue), and "Power" (Mutant scoop).
I’d love some new arms for 60s Daleks!

Uncle_Abe
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 11, 2020 8:06 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Uncle_Abe »

Hi!
I'm new here, just found this forum recently. I've really enjoyed reading through all of the recent posts and it's nice to see a wholesome place full of people just as excited about new figure releases as I am!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and, on the off chance that the local lurker sees this post I wanted to say thanks for keeping the dream alive.

Post Reply