Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Uncle_Abe »

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:20 pm
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:58 pm
greeneggsandspam wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:49 pm
Maybe they could make valyard using the body of the night of the doctor 8th with a new body wrap for the robes, then they could swap it for An easy variant
The possibility of new wraps the UNIT set opens hopefully extends that far; a LOT of villains and companions could be done within reasonable accuracy. Or even desirable variants for Harry, Sarah, the 4th Doctor, either Romana, the 3rd Doctor....the list could go on awhile.
I'd love a Key to Time accessory with a Romana variant (dunno if thats weird I just really want a Key to Time :lol: ) but I realise under the current model that probably wouldnt happen as it's really a one off I suppose. That said, didn't Al once suggest the possibility of turning to a line of single figures with multiple accessories like the original Leela and Ace?
You can buy clear blank dice from eBay very cheaply. Get them around 1cm and you've got a really nice looking Key to Time. Add some grey lines on the sides for extra authenticity.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192260408077

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:49 am
The problem is the arms. If they were a more flowy robe and not in tatters, I'd have expected this in the B&M set.

And I doubt we're at the point where new arms could be made....for now.
I dunno. I'm totally OK with the arms. And given how the Pirate Planet shirt looks nothing like how it was ever worn in the episode...

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:14 pm
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:49 am
The problem is the arms. If they were a more flowy robe and not in tatters, I'd have expected this in the B&M set.

And I doubt we're at the point where new arms could be made....for now.
I dunno. I'm totally OK with the arms. And given how the Pirate Planet shirt looks nothing like how it was ever worn in the episode...
I feel like a decent photoshop would be the tiebreaker here. :)

(Don't look at me, though.)

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but Batmanmarch has been uploading his reviews. 63’ Daleks, 4th doctor and UNIT set uploaded so far

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

very fine they are too .. just a shame i managed top send him a TARDIS with a manky door! .. Doh ..the eternal shame!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I've been enjoying watching his reviews, I really wasn't comfortable tuning in to IanO's videos, so it's nice to see them all reviewed by someone a bit more palatable.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:17 pm
I've been enjoying watching his reviews, I really wasn't comfortable tuning in to IanO's videos, so it's nice to see them all reviewed by someone a bit more palatable.
Yeah, the only bad thing about Matthew is that he hates this forum :lol: really bad mouthed us in a live stream. Oh well, still the best place to go for Doctor Who reviews I reckon

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Whovastron wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:10 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Yeah, the only bad thing about Matthew is that he hates this forum :lol: really bad mouthed us in a live stream. Oh well, still the best place to go for Doctor Who reviews I reckon
Did he?? When?

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Whovastron wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:10 pm
Deborah J wrote:
I suspect probably his view of this place is from the darker times, it used to be a really awful place like 8 years ago or so, so I can't blame him for having a dim view of the place. It's only really better now because most of the really awful people got banned or moved on.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Exactly that, there was definitely some real bad eggs here. We’re not even the underdogs here, we’re a snapping little runt of the Doctor who community that everyone pretends isn’t there. :lol: they reallllyyyy hate us on Gallifrey base. Even our dear lurker has had bad run ins with the place in the past.
Is what it is though. We all love the same things so oh well!

Was watching his review of the 4th Doctor companions and suddenly just got so excited for these figures. I remember being hugely excited last year about getting just Harry and Styke. But damn I many new figures, it’s just insanely nostalgic and cannot be thankful enough to Al and CO for working hard to bring us these!