B&M doctor who sets.

Deborah J

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Deborah J » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:57 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:50 pm

I assume "they" means doctor who sets, so nothing specific. Could be TARDII, could be everything.

Edit: I would recommend at this point that we wait a bit and check on Sunday, unless we know they are in earlier. If they're not in Sunday then we follow up on the next rumor. This sounds the most credible, with the only exception being that Sunday is not a working day, so it seems odd that they would receive stock and put it out that day.
Nice to see someone other than me using Tardii to pluralise tardis.

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:05 pm

I’m off to b&m after work tomorrow I’ll keep you all posted
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:13 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:57 pm
Gek2Win wrote:

I assume "they" means doctor who sets, so nothing specific. Could be TARDII, could be everything.

Edit: I would recommend at this point that we wait a bit and check on Sunday, unless we know they are in earlier. If they're not in Sunday then we follow up on the next rumor. This sounds the most credible, with the only exception being that Sunday is not a working day, so it seems odd that they would receive stock and put it out that day.
What else would you use? The grammatically incorrect TARDISES?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:25 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:13 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Gek2Win wrote:

He was an an Ancient Greek philosopher, wasn’t he?
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:34 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:25 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:13 pm
Deborah J wrote:

He was an an Ancient Greek philosopher, wasn’t he?
you're thinking of Tardoseles, the frequently late.

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Someone on GB said that they were told that the sets would be on shelves in their local B&M on Sunday. So I guess, Sunday or Monday, we can start our full assault.
i'm boring now

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:51 pm

idontremembermylogin wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:48 pm
Someone on GB said that they were told that the sets would be on shelves in their local B&M on Sunday. So I guess, Sunday or Monday, we can start our full assault.
Oh well that's just great, the day I go off on my holiday. :roll:

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:53 pm

So I plan to get the Androzani TARDIS, the 7th set and the Sontaran set. In future, I'll get the two doctors set and the Shada TARDIS. I'll probably get the sonics too, I don't own any of them. Not that interested in the Dalek sets, if they go on sale low I may get them. How about you?

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:53 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:51 pm
idontremembermylogin wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:48 pm
Oh well that's just great, the day I go off on my holiday. :roll:
I'm sure they'll be there when you get back.

Avon

Post by Avon » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:07 pm

As I said elsewhere it'll be like that scene in shaun of the dead, B&M staff looking through bolted doors for the oncoming horde :lol: I'm shopping for food Saturday and historically have had excellent success with B&M then, so I'll check, Sunday I'll ring round as I'd expect they'd know either way then. Oddly, I've noticed they do alot of toy restocks on Sunday's in my locals, bought a lot of Batman figures that only appeared the one day then.

As for what I'll be getting, I originally said I was going to get both TARDII (convert :lol: ), the Silver Nemesis set and two Sontarans, the extra to split with a friend, due to the slight delay I've had enough time to scrimp and save to get the two doctors and the 7th and 8th Dalek sets too. Only one I won't is Hurt, I still might to kitbash with the original but I want everyone who doesn't have one to get a chance first, leave it a few months at least. Big question is will these TARDII ring up at £10? They share the same codes as the regen set...