B&M doctor who sets.

skifflebits

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by skifflebits » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:15 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:51 pm
idontremembermylogin wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:48 pm
Someone on GB said that they were told that the sets would be on shelves in their local B&M on Sunday. So I guess, Sunday or Monday, we can start our full assault.
Oh well that's just great, the day I go off on my holiday. :roll:
Where are you going? Somewhere near a B&M?
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:16 pm

Am I the only one who can't see "B&M" without thinking "Bowel & Movement?"

I mean, I probably am, but I just thought I'd ask.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:20 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:16 pm

Yes you are.
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:
⚪Sex ⚪Love 🔘Ba bop ba dop bop bop

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:22 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:20 pm
skifflebits wrote:

Yes you are.
How about now?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:24 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:22 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:20 pm
skifflebits wrote:

Yes you are.
How about now?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:
⚪Sex ⚪Love 🔘Ba bop ba dop bop bop

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:29 pm

Avon wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:07 pm
As I said elsewhere it'll be like that scene in shaun of the dead, B&M staff looking through bolted doors for the oncoming horde :lol: I'm shopping for food Saturday and historically have had excellent success with B&M then, so I'll check, Sunday I'll ring round as I'd expect they'd know either way then. Oddly, I've noticed they do alot of toy restocks on Sunday's in my locals, bought a lot of Batman figures that only appeared the one day then.

As for what I'll be getting, I originally said I was going to get both TARDII (convert :lol: ), the Silver Nemesis set and two Sontarans, the extra to split with a friend, due to the slight delay I've had enough time to scrimp and save to get the two doctors and the 7th and 8th Dalek sets too. Only one I won't is Hurt, I still might to kitbash with the original but I want everyone who doesn't have one to get a chance first, leave it a few months at least. Big question is will these TARDII ring up at £10? They share the same codes as the regen set...
The regeneration set will probably go off sale.

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:16 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:29 pm
Avon wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:07 pm
As I said elsewhere it'll be like that scene in shaun of the dead, B&M staff looking through bolted doors for the oncoming horde :lol: I'm shopping for food Saturday and historically have had excellent success with B&M then, so I'll check, Sunday I'll ring round as I'd expect they'd know either way then. Oddly, I've noticed they do alot of toy restocks on Sunday's in my locals, bought a lot of Batman figures that only appeared the one day then.

As for what I'll be getting, I originally said I was going to get both TARDII (convert :lol: ), the Silver Nemesis set and two Sontarans, the extra to split with a friend, due to the slight delay I've had enough time to scrimp and save to get the two doctors and the 7th and 8th Dalek sets too. Only one I won't is Hurt, I still might to kitbash with the original but I want everyone who doesn't have one to get a chance first, leave it a few months at least. Big question is will these TARDII ring up at £10? They share the same codes as the regen set...
The regeneration set will probably go off sale.
It would be amazing though if someone went to get it from the store room for you and it was still on the discounted price.
i'm boring now

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:24 pm

Checked out the B&M at the Interchange Retail Park in Ipswich again today. Still no change.

Also went to the B&M at Ransomes Euro Retail Park. I don't think they'll be getting it for quite a while. The store is slowly being emptied, as they are planning to move into the old Homebase store.

Related article here:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/b-m-could-m ... -1-6174248

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Went to a different B&M today, No Regen 4th TARDISes at all, just last years 3 packs at full price.
Local still has tuns of Regen 4th TARDISes advertised as both £20 in one part of the store and £10 in the other (idk what it scans as) and last years 3 packs on sale.

Wont bother checking tomorrow unless anything is found, will probably check Sunday and then every few days unless sets are found.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:14 pm

I'm going to need to try and prioritise what to get if they're released while I'm away and I have the chance to pop into a B&M on my jaunts. I think the Tardises are going to be too big and bulky to realistically bring back, so maybe two of the three packs. Definitely the Sontaran set, I'll be darned if I'm going to miss that one, then... I guess maybe two doctors? I think I want the SN set more, but also I feel it'll sell the slowest since to the less discerning fan it's two cybermen the same as the one from a few years ago and a so-so mccoy figure. Idk, at a pinch I could just about get all 3, we'll have to see what happens, if I see a sullivan while I'm out I'm having him.