Deborah's Collection of Miniature Plastic Friends

Deborah J

Deborah's Collection of Miniature Plastic Friends

Post by Deborah J » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:04 pm

Hello friends!

Many of you on here collect doctor who figures, and sometimes you like to share pictures of the doctor who figures you have collected. I too have collected a quantity of doctor who figures, and now I would like to share some images of those for you.

First of all, the awful conditions I store them in. the crate is seen here with maybe 2/3 of my figures inside. Nothing protects them, they rattle around, loose limbs come off, paint gets scuffed, it's not great, but that's the system.

Next some fun scenes to display my figures in a more pleasing way, showing all my figures in a roughly chronological way. Pertwee first!

Here we have Spearhead from Space!

Santa's Axe? That's right, it's the Claws of Axos!

The Three Doctors, only I don't have a T3D Jon, and Hartnell has escaped from his screen. These are the only figures of 1 and 2 I have currently.

Look out doctor, some Daleks! A day of death!

It's not easy being green...

Here endeth the Pertwee portion of our tour.

Deborah J

Re: Deborah's Collection of Miniature Plastic Friends

Post by Deborah J » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:05 pm

Here are pictures of my Tom stuff.

Doctor Who and the Giant Robot. Why is the Zygon there? That's Harry Sullivan!

Pyramids of Paul Magrs

Morbiusly Obese

The middle of S14 montage, got your roberts of death, got your deadly-ass master, got your face of jeevil, it's all there

Talons of Weng Chiang, but also underworld/invasion of time leela because there's nowhere else to put her.

And finally late Tom stuff, City of Death, and S18 Tom with OG K9, the best K9 model in my humble opinionising.

That's it for Tommy B

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:09 pm

I hope you all apreciate how fastidiously I've kept hold of the accessories, you can see the crossbow bolt in the crossbow for leela, that thing is the size of a broken pencil tip. And the Zygon skarasen recall device, teeny tiny, why make something so easy to lose? Not lost it though, got all the little bits there.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Inb4 Dano can get his big doctor army out, here is mine. I have 45, including the pants custom my friend made then dumped on me. "battle damaged tuxedo matt" just the worst figure, I'm sure he's the source of half of the mystery black marks that turn up on my legit figures.

Grouped by doctor, you can see I'm well endowed in the 70s and early 80s, get real patchy in the 6-war region, then bulk out through the newbois to a peak at matt, then back out a bit feeble at the jodie end, but then there's only one jodie to be had. Needs more jodester

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:20 am

Hurrah Deborah has got her dollies out! Love the thread title btw.

How can you start after me, and yet do something before me :? I knew I should have posted my Doctors yesterday instead of messing around with #gangstabaker. :lol:

Anyway back on track, this is a very nice collection you have. There are one or two pieces I'm quite envious of, namely Omega and Pertwee TARDIS, among others. Bonus points for the effort put into the pictures, unlike me who just lined them up like a laziboi. And good job with accessory safekeeping, some of them are fiddly as hell. I've lost one accessory and something else, but I'll save that tale for my thread. I assume we've got more to see still, I need my Cyberboi fix.

I'm pretty sure your storage box violates action figure rights laws. To be fair though I used a box like that around 10 years ago, but then I got classy. I confess to being a bit of a storage anorak.

Have a good mini-holiday, don't do anything I wouldn't do. ;)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:38 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:20 am

How can you start after me, and yet do something before me :? I knew I should have posted my Doctors yesterday instead of messing around with #gangstabaker. :lol:

Anyway back on track, this is a very nice collection you have. There are one or two pieces I'm quite envious of, namely Omega and Pertwee TARDIS, among others. Bonus points for the effort put into the pictures, unlike me who just lined them up like a laziboi. And good job with accessory safekeeping, some of them are fiddly as hell. I've lost one accessory and something else, but I'll save that tale for my thread. I assume we've got more to see still, I need my Cyberboi fix.

I'm pretty sure your storage box violates action figure rights laws. To be fair though I used a box like that around 10 years ago, but then I got classy. I confess to being a bit of a storage anorak.

You snooze you lose 😴

Im hlad you like my pictures, they were a real hassle to setup. The only place in my room with s neutral background is by the door, so I have to haul my blanket box over therr, and it only just fits in the space. Ànd then I have to sift through my mess of unsorted figures to try and find everything, and my doctors were already set uplike that across the room, so I had to shift them over, then allback again after because I needed to move the blanket nox back to get out of the room. Worth it, though, for nice pictures. I have actually lost one acessory, you'll see that when I add some

Thank you, I'm on the bus now en-route, hence my shaky typing. Im not sure if "dont do anything I wouldn't do" leaves me with very little, or gives me free reign to do anything, depends how many things you would do.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:49 am

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:38 am
Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:20 am

You snooze you lose 😴

Im hlad you like my pictures, they were a real hassle to setup. The only place in my room with s neutral background is by the door, so I have to haul my blanket box over therr, and it only just fits in the space. Ànd then I have to sift through my mess of unsorted figures to try and find everything, and my doctors were already set uplike that across the room, so I had to shift them over, then allback again after because I needed to move the blanket nox back to get out of the room. Worth it, though, for nice pictures. I have actually lost one acessory, you'll see that when I add some

Thank you, I'm on the bus now en-route, hence my shaky typing. Im not sure if "dont do anything I wouldn't do" leaves me with very little, or gives me free reign to do anything, depends how many things you would do.
It was totally worth the effort, they look great. Yep the typing is atrocious :lol: . I'd say it leaves you with very little, sorry you're in for a boring time.

Avon

Post by Avon » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:53 am

Love the pictures Deborah! Very nice way to show your collection off - love the posing on all your figures (especially Spearhead Pertwee :lol: ) very envious of such an extensive Pertwee collection! And I'm impressed with your accessory keeping prowess, the Zygon pebble salt shaker thingy lasted a day in my care before it escaped into the same pocket universe that has all my biros, cellotape, and paint brushes, I still loose sonics to this day (Tom pushed Matt of the shelf, it's his fault). The Doctor set up is giving me a Maths statistics chart vibe, I can't believe how many Matt's you have!

Looking forward to attack of the cyberbois :lol:

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:56 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:49 am

It was totally worth the effort, they look great. Yep the typing is atrocious :lol: . I'd say it leaves you with very little, sorry you're in for a boring time.
Ive got a hot chocolate in mylittle drink holder, so hopefully Im not tempting fate, this bus is very shoogly.

I'm already set up to break that request, I'm planning to wear my clara dress tomorrow night, got to keep on brand, you know.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:36 am

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:56 am
Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:49 am

Ive got a hot chocolate in mylittle drink holder, so hopefully Im not tempting fate, this bus is very shoogly.

I'm already set up to break that request, I'm planning to wear my clara dress tomorrow night, got to keep on brand, you know.
I sincerely hope you didn't pull a Dan and spill it over you twice, that would be awful.

If I see on the news that some nutter on Bute dressed as Clara has caused total chaos, I know who to blame. ;)