B&M sets announced! 3 sets and a Tardis

Bundy

Re: B&M sets announced! 3 sets and a Tardis

Postby Bundy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Doctor What wrote:This is what I thought, it looks exactly the same as the original Auton's neck, which does sometimes seem quite long but looks fine in hand.

Thanks, that is good to know.

I was just going by the images at the start of this thread; in those the same legs/body looked to be used for both the Brig and Auton, but there is more 'white space' above the Brig than the Auton which would make the Auton taller, and that extra height seemed to come from an extended distance between the shoulders and chin of the Auton. Looking back the images are not actually in true alignment at the bottom so that may well account for some of it (but that neck still looks a little long to me :D ).

Maybe the pre-animated mannequin was built to show off scarfs, or maybe I need to visit Specsavers :geek: :lol:

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:49 pm

Bundy wrote:
Doctor What wrote:This is what I thought, it looks exactly the same as the original Auton's neck, which does sometimes seem quite long but looks fine in hand.

Thanks, that is good to know.

I was just going by the images at the start of this thread; in those the same legs/body looked to be used for both the Brig and Auton, but there is more 'white space' above the Brig than the Auton which would make the Auton taller, and that extra height seemed to come from an extended distance between the shoulders and chin of the Auton. Looking back the images are not actually in true alignment at the bottom so that may well account for some of it (but that neck still looks a little long to me :D ).

Maybe the pre-animated mannequin was built to show off scarfs, or maybe I need to visit Specsavers :geek: :lol:

They are the same legs and body. The scarf just makes the autons taller, I get what you mean about it looking too tall, now I’m comparing the two, but trust me it looks fine I’m person and is honestly a fantastic figure. I think the actual problem here maybe the Brig, Captain Jack Harkness (the original figure) definitely showed more of his neck, it seems like the brigs head is a little sunken, but that is probably either due to a photoshop error or the nature of combining the two different sculpts.

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Geeker_Things

Postby Geeker_Things » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:38 am

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
Geeker_Things wrote:We need Daleks :cry: The one thing that could make CO money is the Sound FX Daleks line and those prototype 3.75" Skaro Dalek Drone and The Chase Guard Dalek. I WANT THOSE SO BAD!

The 3.75 range is dead, I know alot of people do hold out hope for it but seeing as we've had no news on it since 2015-2016 and atleast one (possibly two) waves have been cancelled so I wouldn't hold out much hope for that.

The SoundFX Daleks are also sadly unlikely, they would be nice to see again however they weren't as popular as CO had hoped, again which lead to their last wave being cancelled.

Normally I would save that Daleks are off the cards as they wouldn't fit in conventional B&M boxes, however the release of a TARDIS with a figure certainly suggests that CO/B&M are willing to produce larger sets so maybe Daleks 3-packs isn't that much of a distant idea anymore!

Do you know specifically what happened to the Sound FX Daleks as to why they were unsuccessful? Honestly it's one of my favorite lines I'm trying to collect and it's quite difficult.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Geeker_Things wrote:Do you know specifically what happened to the Sound FX Daleks as to why they were unsuccessful? Honestly it's one of my favorite lines I'm trying to collect and it's quite difficult.

As far as I'm aware the demand for them wasn't deemed high enough to warrant their continued production costs, but I could be wrong.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Retailers weren't interested, so they stopped making them.

Koth

Postby Koth » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:22 pm

They peg warmed near me for ages

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:53 pm

Two waves isn't bad for a "gimmick"* sub-line from a larger toy line.

*And I use that term lovingly.
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

Trenzalore1502

Postby Trenzalore1502 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:09 pm

Any idea yet on when these will be coming out specifically?

Pjd94

Postby Pjd94 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Trenzalore1502 wrote:Any idea yet on when these will be coming out specifically?

They're due around 6th August.

dalekkiller

Postby dalekkiller » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Any news on the new sets ?

Return to “5" Figures”