B&M sets announced! 3 sets and a Tardis

idontremembermylogin

Re: B&M sets announced! 3 sets and a Tardis

Postby idontremembermylogin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:44 am

Seeing loads of people reporting that the sets were being delivered yesterday and available today/tomorrow is starting to get me worried.
Yes you're right, they don't even sell Doctor Who figures in Dubai.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:36 am

I'm sure there will be lots in stock until X-Mas... There's been no stock issues with the previous years sets

idontremembermylogin

Postby idontremembermylogin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:52 am

HubertBonisseur wrote:I'm sure there will be lots in stock until X-Mas... There's been no stock issues with the previous years sets

Problem is that I'm leaving the UK in two weeks

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:51 pm

I've checked both my nearest B&Ms and found nothing, i'll have another look tomorrow (the supposed official release date of the 13th) I think.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:18 pm

HubertBonisseur wrote:I'm sure there will be lots in stock until X-Mas... There's been no stock issues with the previous years sets

Whilst there may be no issues with stock itself, the issues in previous years, specifically last year and the year before, is scalpers buying tons of the more desirable sets. I only ever saw the monsters see twice, and the 4th Doctor Set 3 times last year. And for the last couple years, the sets have only gotten new stock for maybe 2 months, by Christmas they’re usually just stocking the shelf warmer box set, which in this wave is probably gonna be the 11th Doctor Set.

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Koth

Postby Koth » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:23 pm

I don't know how the figures stack up but are the variants included in the 3000 or such that are made or are they in additional. I couldn't find the variant Jo Grant for love nor money. One of my local B&Ms had tons of third Dr sets too.

DO we know if there is a variant in this wave this year?

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:51 pm

These three pack sets are up on eBay, now £12.99 PER FIGURE or £32.99 for just one three pack!

There's even someone who is selling a Third Doctor & TARDIS which still has 6 days left and already the bids are up to £51! :roll: :roll: :roll: I mean I know these sets will be popular but I cannot get over the nerve of the scalpers who sell them on eBay are inflated prices and then the idiots who actually pay that price to get them!

Literally more money than sense

idontremembermylogin

Postby idontremembermylogin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:40 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:These three pack sets are up on eBay, now £12.99 PER FIGURE or £32.99 for just one three pack!

There's even someone who is selling a Third Doctor & TARDIS which still has 6 days left and already the bids are up to £51! :roll: :roll: :roll: I mean I know these sets will be popular but I cannot get over the nerve of the scalpers who sell them on eBay are inflated prices and then the idiots who actually pay that price to get them!

Literally more money than sense

Well people outside of the UK might not have a choice of course

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:07 pm

Last year I sold a 4th Doctor Set, but that’s only because K-9 hadn’t been painted properly! (There was no paint on his base and it had them been coloured in with what looked like Sharpie! I contacted CO and B&M and they just ignored me and accused me of colouring it myself! Shocking customer service). And I sold the cubercontroller because I already had one. But buying all the sets in one store (someone on the merch site said that they couldn’t get the TARDIS because some guy bought 4 as “Christmas presents”) is just horrid for those of us that want to just have a set for our collection.

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

joe38658

Postby joe38658 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:02 pm

I wish they put a limit like 1 of each set especially on the TARDIS which has a stock of 4 at each store (If its one of the stores thats even getting it).

Im hoping if I cant get any of the sets that I want and they sell well theyll do a restock at all the stores around December for Christmas (Hopefully with the limit).
i dont know what to put here

Return to “5" Figures”