B&M sets announced! 3 sets and a Tardis

HubertBonisseur

Re: B&M sets announced! 3 sets and a Tardis

Postby HubertBonisseur » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Got my three packs now... Just the Tardis to go.

(and I need extra sets to send to people in the US and Australia)

Murdoc

Postby Murdoc » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:55 pm

Is the official release still tomorrow?

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Murdoc wrote:Is the official release still tomorrow?

Hope so, some people are also saying Tuesday according to the forum.
I love this forum. It must have taken me half a decade to make an account on here, though :lol:

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:27 pm

TheSparrow wrote:

Where has this "official" release date come from?

Even the DW Merchandise site has said they can't get any info from the PR team at the moment, and if people are getting this information from B&M then why would they be putting them on the shelves early?

Seems like this is another bit of hearsay information to me, either that or the official release date WAS tomorrow but has since been moved forward or there's been two different things told to different stores

Murdoc

Postby Murdoc » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:33 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:

Even the DW Merchandise site has said they can't get any info from the PR team at the moment, and if people are getting this information from B&M then why would they be putting them on the shelves early?

Seems like this is another bit of hearsay information to me, either that or the official release date WAS tomorrow but has since been moved forward or there's been two different things told to different stores

Things seem to be very complicated this year. Was it ever really this unclear in the previous years? - I don't really remember it being like this. I'm in the US and I have a friend overseas who's going to be getting them for me and I'm trying to keep him updated on when to head to B&M.

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:37 am

Just a heads up for us Aussies. These sets have been listed on Ikon, a distribution website for DW toys and that, which means we'll be able to get them here. So don't pay the scalpers just yet (unless of course everywhere over here sells the sets for $60 (about 30-40 pounds) again, in that case, Ebay often has better deals).

https://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/pro ... A3DRTARDIS

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:02 am

Murdoc wrote:Things seem to be very complicated this year. Was it ever really this unclear in the previous years? - I don't really remember it being like this. I'm in the US and I have a friend overseas who's going to be getting them for me and I'm trying to keep him updated on when to head to B&M.

Things are going the same way as in previous years. A release is announced with no official shelf date, people start panicking because they don't see them on the first day. Stock doesn't appear on the same day on the shelves.

Two years ago, my local B&M got stock a month after others

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:16 am

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
TheSparrow wrote:

Merch site says the date of the 13th came from B&M.

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:50 am

YOOO. They've got like 4 TARDIS sets left in the B&M in Swadlincote. I was just speaking to a manager, but apparently they won't have the 70s, Twelfth, or Eleven sets in for a bit.
I love this forum. It must have taken me half a decade to make an account on here, though :lol:

idontremembermylogin

Postby idontremembermylogin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:57 am

Partial success today. I was getting my laptop repaired in Ormskirk and stopped by the B&M and I managed to get an 11th Doctor set. Talked to the man in the toy ailse and he said that they only got 11th doctor sets in and should be getting a restock in a few days. If anyone is in the area I left one behind for you. On my way to another one in Liverpool to to try and get a TARDIS after toy-ailse-man told me to.
Yes you're right, they don't even sell Doctor Who figures in Dubai.

Return to “5" Figures”