DOCTOR WHOM

Moderator: DukeNukem 2417

Doctor Gamer

Re: DOCTOR WHOM

Postby Doctor Gamer » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:39 am

Is this meant to be your own parody of Doctor Who? (Bit Confused)
"Never eat pears. They're too squishy and they always make your chin wet. That one's quite important. Write it down." - Twelfth Doctor 2015

Galifreyan

Postby Galifreyan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:58 pm

Doctor Gamer wrote:Is this meant to be your own parody of Doctor Who? (Bit Confused)

It is my alternative to Series 11 of the 'New Series'. The 'New-New-Series' if you like. It would air on Saturday evenings on BBC 1.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:25 pm

I don't understand how there are rumours when it's all fictional. Why make up a rumou about your own made up series then reveal the rumour as false? It doesn't make sense.

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pm

Deborah J wrote:I don't understand how there are rumours when it's all fictional. Why make up a rumou about your own made up series then reveal the rumour as false? It doesn't make sense.

It’s being written as though it’s an upcoming series. So like the crazy rumours that Captain Jack is gonna be in Series 11.
Member since July 2013

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:12 pm

SarahJaneFan wrote:
Deborah J wrote:I don't understand how there are rumours when it's all fictional. Why make up a rumou about your own made up series then reveal the rumour as false? It doesn't make sense.

It’s being written as though it’s an upcoming series. So like the crazy rumours that Captain Jack is gonna be in Series 11.

I'm sorry, I just don't get it. Is this just like a game? I'm so confused.

DukeNukem 2417

Postby DukeNukem 2417 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:40 pm

Deborah J wrote: I'm sorry, I just don't get it. Is this just like a game? I'm so confused.

It's a rebirth of an old fad from this section, where someone writes episode outlines as if they're doing the descriptions for actual episodes of the actual series....but never writes stories to go with them. Occasionally, said "outlines" are accompanied by an equally bogus "cast list"....it's equal measures wishful thinking, creative writing and just a pinch of actual fan-fiction.

There used to be actual forum games, once, like Nightmare and the Forum Boardroom....I never took part, myself.

Oh, and apologies for not introducing myself further---I'm the moderator of the Fan Fiction area. Any further questions, feel free to PM me. :)
Through the darkness of future past,
The magician longs to see....
One chants out between two worlds:
"Fire...walk with me."

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:50 pm

DukeNukem 2417 wrote:
Deborah J wrote: I'm sorry, I just don't get it. Is this just like a game? I'm so confused.

It's a rebirth of an old fad from this section, where someone writes episode outlines as if they're doing the descriptions for actual episodes of the actual series....but never writes stories to go with them. Occasionally, said "outlines" are accompanied by an equally bogus "cast list"....it's equal measures wishful thinking, creative writing and just a pinch of actual fan-fiction.

There used to be actual forum games, once, like Nightmare and the Forum Boardroom....I never took part, myself.

Oh, and apologies for not introducing myself further---I'm the moderator of the Fan Fiction area. Any further questions, feel free to PM me. :)

Right. Well that all sounds kind of odd, but I'm probably better off not fully understanding that one.

And thanks for the welcome, I've been poking my nose around the place for a couple of days, it seems quite a nice forum you've got here. Bit quiet, but that's not so bad.

Galifreyan

Postby Galifreyan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:45 pm

Been busy recently but dont worry guys, more news and the first episode of the series coming very soon!!!

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:20 pm

Galifreyan wrote:Been busy recently but dont worry guys, more news and the first episode of the series coming very soon!!!

Is there actually going to be episodes, then? I'm guessing they'll be written rather than filmed, since this is fanfiction.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:55 pm

I’m guessing this is just a parody of old threads of fanfics that people planned but never released. So no, there won’t be any released I expect

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Return to “Fanfics”