Doctor Who Unbound - 2010 AD

Moderator: DukeNukem 2417

WarriorCustomFigures

Doctor Who Unbound - 2010 AD

Postby WarriorCustomFigures » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:19 am

Note: Doctor Who Unbound was a range of audio dramas by Big Finish, about multiple what if stories, set outside of the canon on the Doctor Who TV series. The following is the story that was meant to be the first of multiple stop motion figure adventures inspired by that series; but sadly it may never see the light of day. Hence why I've decided to put it here for you all. Enjoy!

Doctor Who Unbound – 2010 AD:

Our story begins on Galifrey during the final day of the time war. As The War Doctor in his old family barn, stands in front of The Moment, staring into the ruby button on its top. He stares at it hesitantly; until faintly hearing the destruction of the war going on in the distance. That's when he reluctantly presses the button down. "No more" The Doctor says, excepting his fate, as The Moment glows as everything is engulfed in a bright white light; signifying the destruction of Galifrey, the Time Lords, the Daleks and The Doctor himself.
Earth, London 2010:

This world has fallen, no soldiers, no time lords, no man in a blue box to help them. The earth has fallen into the hands of The Nesitine consciousness after their invasion of London in 2005. The rest of the world started slowly fall like dominoes, as the Nestines Auton soldiers claimed the planet as their own; in order to feed on its resources. They patrol the street looking for anyone that stands in the way of their conquest; human or otherwise. Former companion of The Doctor, Sarah Jane Smith, is riding a horse out of the burned down ruins of the city of London; with the remains of a crashed spaceship behind her. She quickly rides as far away as possible; the googles and respirator mask helping her through the dark fog that covers the land. After hours of travelling across the baron landscape, she comes across the burned down remains of an old warehouse in the middle of nowhere, miles from London. She sneaks in a hurry to the warehouse, taking a case that was strapped the horse saddle. Sarah Jane makes it, out of breath from the heavy survival gear slowing her down. She finds a secret entrance in one of the walls, the security system recognises her, as the door opens to an elevator; leading her into a base of what remains of UNIT.

The elevator reaches the bottom, Sarah Jane enters as a Soldier scans her, and lets her enter the base. She walks through the base as dozens of soldiers and others build various pieces of technology, while others recover from previous battles. One of the many members of numerous staff being Mickey Smith as a technical engineer. Brigadier Leftbridge Stewart, who walks with a cane; and assisted by his daughter Kate spot Sarah Jane in the crowded area."Sarah Jane Smith!" The Brigadier said with relief. Sarah Jane makes her way towards him "My god, you finally made it!" The brigadier said giving her a welcoming hug. Sarah Jane responds "Indeed, there were more Sycorax collecting the remains from human bodies. Possible their prisoners. The Brigadier just sighs. "As if the Nestine weren't the only problem any more. Especially since we still don’t have contact with…you know who". "Oh Alistair", said Sarah Jane, "I’ve accepted The Doctor’s possible fate a long time ago". After an awkward pause Kate Stewart ask Sarah Jane about the case. "Did you get it"? Sarah Jane gives her the case she was carrying; they open it to find a green glowing battery inside. Kate, pleased by this, ask Sarah Jane and her father to follow her. "Come along father, we have much work to do".

Kate leads Sarah Jane and her dad into a large open hanger. "While our resources were lacking, with the aid of other salvaged items from the alien forces that dare challenge the Nestine, this has doubled our output". Sarah Jane is amazed by the giant spaceship before her, with finishing touches being added by construction workers on its surface; while hundreds of other humans are resting on board. "Remarkable!" Sarah Jane says. Kate responds: "Indeed. We call it the U.S.S TARDIS. In memory of...you know who. [i]"Miss Santo, here is the energy source we promised, will the ship be ready?" She says giving the case to computer operator Toshiko Santo. She responds: "The systems have passed our tests. The engines work, and we'll get this thing of the ground as soon as we integrate the power cell with our systems". The Brigadier rewards her daughter for leading the operation to construct the ship. "Excellent work Kate, but you seem to forget that even if we can escape, there won't be anywhere to escape to". Sarah Jane further comments on Kates evacuation plan. "He is right, what if the power systems fail? Or the shields don't work? This thing is more of a expensive life raft than anything else". Kate snaps back at Sarah Jane: "Unless you want to stay here, be my guest. We'll find what we can and use what we can find". "And then"? Sarah Jane responds. Kate continues: "Listen Miss Smith, we've tried everything. We're out gunned, The Nestine are too powerful and bountiful, with other forces wanting to have a go at invading the planet. They destroyed our world; so now must carry on elsewhere". The brigadier is fed up and tells them both to be quite. "That's enough! There is a time for discussion and debates, but this isn't it; now can you two please behave yourselves?" Toshiko interrupts the argument, "Ah Lieutenant Stewart, we ready for you to do an final inspection".

Kate leaves with Toshiko, taking Sarah Jane's case with her; meanwhile Sarah Jane and the Brigadier talk. "I’m sorry Sarah Jane, it appears we’ve got our hands tied with Kate in charge". The Brigadier says. "No she's right" Sarah Jane says in response. "If only The Doctor was here it’d be different. But now; we must act". Back at the main entrance, the door open in the main room, a guard notices; but is shot in the back by Mickey. He reveals himself to be an Auton with his Auton gun in his hand. The Autons enter the room as the other staff fallback, rushing for the nearest exits, as the Autons start firing. Back at the ship hanger, the others hear whats going on. Sarah Jane rush everyone on to The TARDIS, while others try guarding the hanger entrance, defending it against the plastic Autons. Kate asks "What's happened?" The Autons blow down the door and enter, as more soldier fire back. "Get the ship ready"! Kate shouts, as everyone boards the ship; except for the brigadier. "I'll handle this". He says loading a pistol, trying to make his away to join the other soldiers. Kate and Sarah Jane refuse to let him go. "Father no!" Kate screams, he turns back to her. "Kate, you've grown to be a strong woman, and an excellent leader; I'm old but you two can carry on". He heads out as Sarah Jane drags Kate onto the ship, kicking and screaming; as the brigadier joins the fire fight.

Toshiko and her crew finish installing the battery, the ships controls light up. Sarah Jane and Kate board the ship, Kate ordering the crew to launch the ship. Toshiko gets the ship to start flying and launches into space, as everyone left behind is gunned down. The Brigadier is shot to the floor, he watches the ship launch to the sky. The Brigadier watches it leave the under ground hanger, and make it's way into the sky. "Good luck" he says as everyone is gunned down by the autons. The ship finally leaves earth, and heads into space. Kate and Sarah Jane watch the earth as the ship moves further away. "I caught believe his gone" Kate says sadly. Sarah Jane responds comforting her: "I know, your father was a great man; and you still alive is probably what he wanted". "He too told me everything about you". Kate said. "All of them good things. You have been an excellent help in this resistance". The two shake hands, as Toshiko enters the room. [i]"Lieutenant! We've made it past earth, so what's the plan"? Neither Kate or Sarah Jane have any clue on what to say next.

Back at the UNIT hanger, we see the aftermath of the Auton attack, a few Autons still standing while the remaining soldiers are now dead, as the Autons examine the area checking for survivors; they're each then shot down by unseen enemies. The Brigadier, awakening after faking his death, sees what happened; and is quietly shocked by what he sees. As some Silurians holding guns enter; declaring the area is all clear. A Silurian leader enters and congratulates her troops. "Excellent job. Now that the apes are gone, the planet will be ours again once the Nestine are dealt with".

The end.
All of my work can be seen on my You Tube channel and Instagram page @warrior_custom_figures. Hope you like what you see.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC59LQHE0L6yMsRm6TM8ekLw?view_as=subscriber

bad geminton

Re: Doctor Who Unbound - 2010 AD

Postby bad geminton » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:12 pm

I like it, any plans for a part 2?
Do you know who I miss? That guy with the potatoes, let's bring him back...

WarriorCustomFigures

Re: Doctor Who Unbound - 2010 AD

Postby WarriorCustomFigures » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:50 pm

The Unbound series was an anthology series, so while i did note down some ideas for a sequel to this specific story, it would've taken a while before getting of the ground. If this post gets a good response, maybe i'll get around to it; but i wouldn't get the popcorn just yet. Thank you.
All of my work can be seen on my You Tube channel and Instagram page @warrior_custom_figures. Hope you like what you see.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC59LQHE0L6yMsRm6TM8ekLw?view_as=subscriber

Return to “Fanfics”