New Things!

bad geminton

New Things!

Postby bad geminton » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:27 pm

So, no 5" announcement, but we've had some stuff announced now...
Godie1.png
Godie1.png (95.93 KiB) Viewed 446 times

Godie2.png
Godie2.png (204.53 KiB) Viewed 446 times

Not sure what that last one is, looks more like a cartoon than a real physical thing. Got a 10" doll from CO, hope that's not going to be instead of the 5" figure, bit heavy handed if they're saying "the doctor is a woman, so the toys need to be dolls"

We'll have to see.
Do you know who I miss? That guy with the potatoes, let's bring him back...

Doctor What

Re: New Things!

Postby Doctor What » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:37 pm

That weird cartoony thing is another stylised vinyl figure I think. Those aren't really my thing but I think the pop vinyl actually looks really good. The CO 10 inch doll is also alright, the coat looks a strange colour but that seems to be an ongoing issue. I imagine that headsculpt would look good if it was scaled down to 5.5 inch.

bad geminton

Postby bad geminton » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:41 pm

Yes, there seems to be no consensus at all among these guys as to what colour her coat should be.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:45 pm

Love the 10" figure!

EmeraldThorn

Postby EmeraldThorn » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Some details missing on a couple. The 10" figure's head looks like a blown up version of what a 5.5" figure's head would look like detail and paint wise. As for coat colour I've seen it as pale blue and light grey, grey more so. First time seeing anything that has it as dark grey. I feel the light grey is the main and perhaps the pale blue would be an alternate coat. The Doctor is known for changing elements of their outfit afterall, so everyone could be right.

joe38658

Postby joe38658 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:33 am

weird baby looking thing.jpg
weird baby looking thing.jpg (69.51 KiB) Viewed 317 times

Heres an idea of what packaging might look like.
i dont know what to put here

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:55 am

It has been said officially by members of the production team that the Doctor’s coat is baby blue, but the initial photos had just made it look grey from lighting and editing

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

bad geminton

Postby bad geminton » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:54 pm

I mean we've seen from the various pictures people have taken of the location filming that it's a very pale blue. You'd have thought all the merch people would have been given pictures of it in neutral lighting.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:09 pm

bad geminton wrote:I mean we've seen from the various pictures people have taken of the location filming that it's a very pale blue. You'd have thought all the merch people would have been given pictures of it in neutral lighting.

It might be like with the Star Wars and marvel movies; companies were given concept art that wasn’t final?

It’s very interesting that this merch is being released prior to the series, even the 11th Doctor figures had to wait until the day after the eleventh hour, and he had technically had an aired scene with the ‘rabbit hole’ trailer. Maybe the BBC are being more relaxed about the whole “must only be released after the series” rule considering how delayed the series 7-10 merchandise was.

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Return to “Doctor Who Toys”