Custom Dark Eyes Screwdriver

Moderator: CaptainJimiPie

Deborah J

Re: Custom Dark Eyes Screwdriver

Postby Deborah J » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:00 pm

I like how balanced and thought out their thoughts always feel, obviously their views on things are opinion led, but it's never a sense of "this is the correct viewpoint and all others are wrong" that I often find offputting in a lot of review-centric work. I'd rather listen to someone saying something I disagree with in a reasonable and discursive manner than someone else stating my own opinion as the absolute and only valid one.

Sorry if I've derailed your thread, by the way, Racksie, it's all gone very tangenty. I got excited when I heard you getting namedropped and I ended up taking us off on a little wander, I hope you don't mind.

Racks42

Postby Racks42 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:13 am

Deborah J wrote:I like how balanced and thought out their thoughts always feel, obviously their views on things are opinion led, but it's never a sense of "this is the correct viewpoint and all others are wrong" that I often find offputting in a lot of review-centric work. I'd rather listen to someone saying something I disagree with in a reasonable and discursive manner than someone else stating my own opinion as the absolute and only valid one.

Sorry if I've derailed your thread, by the way, Racksie, it's all gone very tangenty. I got excited when I heard you getting namedropped and I ended up taking us off on a little wander, I hope you don't mind.

Haha it’s fine, ive never really discussed the Batmanmarch reviews with Anyone before, it’s an interesting topic,

I definitely agree, if you hold you reviews as more of a discussion instead of a “this is my opinion, if you disagree you are wrong” sort of thing it makes me feel a lot more open to watching it, like I massively disagree with billy about the 5th doctor being the worst era of the show, but the way he puts his point across is like I get why people like it I just don’t.

Plus the banter they have is completely unique
HUU Doctor Who Society President 4 years running, Avid cosplayer, All round Who boffin!
Co-Founder at https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:59 am

Racks42 wrote:Haha it’s fine, ive never really discussed the Batmanmarch reviews with Anyone before, it’s an interesting topic,

I definitely agree, if you hold you reviews as more of a discussion instead of a “this is my opinion, if you disagree you are wrong” sort of thing it makes me feel a lot more open to watching it, like I massively disagree with billy about the 5th doctor being the worst era of the show, but the way he puts his point across is like I get why people like it I just don’t.

Yeah, I'm the same, in fact 5th doctor is one of my favourites, he's the first classic series doctor I saw an episode for, and there are a lot of things that go on during his run that I think are really great, but Billy doesn't weild his dislike in an obnoxious way, it's just how he feels and I can respect that. I feel like if everyone in the fandom was able to express their likes and dislikes in such a reasonable way we wouldn't have this horrible atmosphere that we seem to have at the moment with loads of people on the far extremes of opinion on both sides just really angry the whole time. But that's a whole other rabbit hole.

Racks42

Postby Racks42 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:46 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Racks42 wrote:Haha it’s fine, ive never really discussed the Batmanmarch reviews with Anyone before, it’s an interesting topic,

Yeah, I'm the same, in fact 5th doctor is one of my favourites, he's the first classic series doctor I saw an episode for, and there are a lot of things that go on during his run that I think are really great, but Billy doesn't weild his dislike in an obnoxious way, it's just how he feels and I can respect that. I feel like if everyone in the fandom was able to express their likes and dislikes in such a reasonable way we wouldn't have this horrible atmosphere that we seem to have at the moment with loads of people on the far extremes of opinion on both sides just really angry the whole time. But that's a whole other rabbit hole.

its why i like the review of death little section of the internet, most people on there is lovely, they dont go to the extreme with their opinions they are just like fair enough, i disagree but fair enough, also 5th Doctor was my first doctor, the first story i saw was Ressurection of the Daleks!!
HUU Doctor Who Society President 4 years running, Avid cosplayer, All round Who boffin!

Racks42

Postby Racks42 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:43 pm

Back on Topic (although someone should totally make a Review of Death thread)

Heres a side by side between my two Dark eyes sonics

Top is my second one, i still prefer my original even if it is technically not accurate!

49864740_339960366844493_8265579181497122816_n.jpg
49864740_339960366844493_8265579181497122816_n.jpg (119.39 KiB) Viewed 537 times

Return to “Customs”