Torchwood Queries

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

RhysCH

Torchwood Queries

Postby RhysCH » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:15 am

So I’ve been rewatching all of Torchwood, after seeing Eve Myles in her new BBC One show, Keeping Faith, and I realised something... Did Rhys ever find out about Gwen’s affair with Owen (ignoring the part when Gwen told him, then retconned him)?
Please, somebody, correct me if I’m wrong/missing something?
Formerly “chocywhovian” ... has matured slightly since then.

Deborah J

Re: Torchwood Queries

Postby Deborah J » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:02 am

I've not seen any episodes of torchwood since they went out - although I have seen all of them, my memory is that the whole thread is completely dropped by s2. Its a long time ago, though, I was quite young nd probably not paying attention as much as I would now.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:08 pm

No he didn't, she did tell him and then retcon him but after that and after he found out about Torchwood nothing seems to suggest she told him/he found out again.

Her affair with Owen rather like her "tension" romance with Jack all sorts of fizzled out as soon as Rhys and Gwen got married, which makes sense but ironically given Gwen's promise of no more secrets :lol:

Galifreyan

Postby Galifreyan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:46 pm

Also haven't seen Torchwood in ages but I think the Gwen/Owen thing just got dropped and wasn't mentioned again.

Kind of want to watch some Torchwood now. :lol:

idontremembermylogin

Postby idontremembermylogin » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Alright so I've just finished watching Torchwood after bingeing it for the past month so I thought I'd put this thread to good use.

Whenever we see Jack in the past he is always wearing period-appropriate clothing - save for the coat of course. In Series 4 we see him back in 1928 New York where he meets Angelo Colasanto but for some reason he's gone back into his 21st century blue shirt, braces, boots and coat attire - and then a year later he meets up with Angelo again and he's suddenly wearing proper 1920s clothes.

I just don't get why for a few days in 1928 he decided to just go get his 21st century clothes, hair gel and whatever else and then go back to what he normally does fashion wise.
Yes you're right, they don't even sell Doctor Who figures in Dubai.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm

idontremembermylogin wrote:Alright so I've just finished watching Torchwood after bingeing it for the past month so I thought I'd put this thread to good use.

Whenever we see Jack in the past he is always wearing period-appropriate clothing - save for the coat of course. In Series 4 we see him back in 1928 New York where he meets Angelo Colasanto but for some reason he's gone back into his 21st century blue shirt, braces, boots and coat attire - and then a year later he meets up with Angelo again and he's suddenly wearing proper 1920s clothes.

I just don't get why for a few days in 1928 he decided to just go get his 21st century clothes, hair gel and whatever else and then go back to what he normally does fashion wise.

Well to be fair (once you remove all his "advanced" technology) under his coat the general blue shirt, braces and boots wouldn't look that out of place in the 1920's, the coat maybe but then it's not dissimilar at all to a WWI era RAF greatcoat so again it wouldn't look that out of place.
His change in attire I did find odd too but the way I saw it was given that he wanted Angelo to join him like a "companion" as The Doctor had, his choice of clothes is not dissimilar from The Tenth Doctor, long brown coat, brown under suit. So I put it down to Jack perhaps trying to be more like The Doctor, atleast in style.
Last edited by CaptainJimiPie on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:33 pm

Miracle Day is an absolute mess, I barely remember anything other than the ending being disappointing, the oswad danes guy being absolutely sickening, and John DeLancie from Star Trek turning up for no good reason then dying. What a waste of potential, I'd say the biggest missed opportunity in doctor who history, but since class happened that's not true anymore.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:28 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
idontremembermylogin wrote:Alright so I've just finished watching Torchwood after bingeing it for the past month so I thought I'd put this thread to good use.

Well to be fair (once you remove all his "advanced" technology) under his coat the general blue shirt, braces and boots wouldn't look that out of place in the 1920's, the coat maybe but then it's not dissimilar at all to a WWI era RAF greatcoat so again it wouldn't look that out of place.
His change in attire I did find odd too but the way I saw it was given that he wanted Angelo to join him like a "companion" as The Doctor had, his choice of clothes is not dissimilar from The Tenth Doctor, long brown goat, brown under suit. So I put it down to Jack perhaps trying to be more like The Doctor, atleast in style.

Problem is he hadn’t met the 10th Doctor yet

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:58 am

Whovastron wrote:
CaptainJimiPie wrote:

His change in attire I did find odd too but the way I saw it was given that he wanted Angelo to join him like a "companion" as The Doctor had, his choice of clothes is not dissimilar from The Tenth Doctor, long brown goat, brown under suit. So I put it down to Jack perhaps trying to be more like The Doctor, atleast in style.

Problem is he hadn’t met the 10th Doctor yet

TW.

Ah damn, good point! Then I'm going to go with he'd heard loose descriptions of him before he met him and tried to "recreate" his look from what he'd heard :lol: :lol:

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:28 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote: "long brown goat"

What a weird episode of Torchwood.
'Captain Jack and the Long Brown Goat.'
I live here.

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”