5.5"/14cm 13th Doctor Action Figure

HubertBonisseur
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Re: 5.5"/14cm 13th Doctor Action Figure

Postby HubertBonisseur » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:24 pm

The Outcast wrote:I'm in the same boat as Deborah. I ordered mine from FP the day it was put up for order, as the cost of the stuff I wanted to buy was cheaper from them. But the 13th Doctor figure has been in stock in some FP stores for weeks, and I've still not even had a dispatch for mine. It's ridiculous, and really pees me off, especially when if I'd ordered from CO directly, I'd probably have it by now.



It's not the same Forbidden Planet company. As far as I know, all the shops that have had the figure in stock since before Xmas are Forbidden Planet International stores. The website is Forbidden Planet "London". Unless the FP Megastore in London got theirs?

Dalek Thay
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:17 pm

Re: 5.5"/14cm 13th Doctor Action Figure

Postby Dalek Thay » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:53 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Dalek Thay wrote:
Deborah J wrote:Still no Dispatch email, and now forbidden planet are listing her as currently unavailable. Why is this happening? It's so unfair, I ordered her three weeks ago.


Forbidden Planet do this a lot. Item says 'expected 11/01/19' then it gets to the date and it's out of stock. I had the 13 figure in my basket on their site and it happened. They take orders until that date then that's it! Happened with me on a lot of Marvel Legends figures last year as well.

Does that mean they're not actually going to send me one? Because that's ridiculous if they're going to list a figure for preorder for a month then just never actually get any.


Oh yes I think you'll still get it, when I said it says 'out of stock' I just meant that's what their site said. They take pre orders but you can't order it on or after the date it is expected. Really weird.

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere, baby

Re: 5.5"/14cm 13th Doctor Action Figure

Postby Deborah J » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Dalek Thay wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
Dalek Thay wrote:
Forbidden Planet do this a lot. Item says 'expected 11/01/19' then it gets to the date and it's out of stock. I had the 13 figure in my basket on their site and it happened. They take orders until that date then that's it! Happened with me on a lot of Marvel Legends figures last year as well.

Does that mean they're not actually going to send me one? Because that's ridiculous if they're going to list a figure for preorder for a month then just never actually get any.


Oh yes I think you'll still get it, when I said it says 'out of stock' I just meant that's what their site said. They take pre orders but you can't order it on or after the date it is expected. Really weird.

Oh, well that's not so bad. But I wish they'd give me some idea of when they're going to deliver it, I'm getting very restless about it. I mean I'm pretty restless in general at the moment, some reassurance from them about that would at least be one less thing for me to be worrying about.
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Re: 5.5"/14cm 13th Doctor Action Figure

Postby skifflebits » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:43 pm

That's so frustrating.

You could always order it directly off the Character web site as well, then cancel whichever order doesn't come in first.
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere, baby

Re: 5.5"/14cm 13th Doctor Action Figure

Postby Deborah J » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:15 am

Good news everyone, forbidden planet got back in touch, they are going to send me my figure eventually, there's just a delay in getting them sent out. I don't mind that so much, I'd been worrying they wouldn't send one at all, I don't mind waiting really, I'm off on holiday for the next two weeks so I wouldn't have gotten it if it had come then anyway. So I'm a bit less worked up about that now, that's not so bad.
Image

The Outcast
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: 5.5"/14cm 13th Doctor Action Figure

Postby The Outcast » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:50 am

Deborah J wrote:Good news everyone, forbidden planet got back in touch, they are going to send me my figure eventually, there's just a delay in getting them sent out. I don't mind that so much, I'd been worrying they wouldn't send one at all, I don't mind waiting really, I'm off on holiday for the next two weeks so I wouldn't have gotten it if it had come then anyway. So I'm a bit less worked up about that now, that's not so bad.

Any idea how long the delay is going to be?

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere, baby

Re: 5.5"/14cm 13th Doctor Action Figure

Postby Deborah J » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 pm

The Outcast wrote:
Deborah J wrote:Good news everyone, forbidden planet got back in touch, they are going to send me my figure eventually, there's just a delay in getting them sent out. I don't mind that so much, I'd been worrying they wouldn't send one at all, I don't mind waiting really, I'm off on holiday for the next two weeks so I wouldn't have gotten it if it had come then anyway. So I'm a bit less worked up about that now, that's not so bad.

Any idea how long the delay is going to be?

They didn't say exactly, just that my order was queued and would be despatched shortly.
Image

The Outcast
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: 5.5"/14cm 13th Doctor Action Figure

Postby The Outcast » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:12 am

While I know nothing about when FP are going to actually send my figure, it's now up for order, rather than pre-order.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/265767-doct ... th-doctor/

User avatar
Racks42
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 5.5"/14cm 13th Doctor Action Figure

Postby Racks42 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:21 pm

does anyone know if forbidden planet have the figure in stores? specifically the Manchester store, im in manchester next week and would like to pick one up
HUU Doctor Who Society President 4 years running, Avid cosplayer, All round Who boffin!
Co-Founder at https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

Whovastron
Posts: 1152
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: 5.5"/14cm 13th Doctor Action Figure

Postby Whovastron » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Racks42 wrote:does anyone know if forbidden planet have the figure in stores? specifically the Manchester store, im in manchester next week and would like to pick one up

I’ve heard they’re in fps. If not, see if they’re a toy master/ toy Barnhaus, they are stocking her

TW.
Been on here 8 years...blimey


Return to “5" Figures”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: idontremembermylogin and 4 guests