Big Finish Audios

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

Galifreyan

Re: Big Finish Audios

Postby Galifreyan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:25 pm

SarahJaneFan wrote:Catherine Tate revealed on the radio that she’s gonna be recording a Donna spin off.

Love Donna and Catherine Tate.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:39 pm

Before the Gallifrey deal runs out, what is the opinion on the stories offer?
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:34 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:Before the Gallifrey deal runs out, what is the opinion on the stories offer?

Time War is damn good.

Intervention Earth and Enemy Lines are decent enough but nothing outstanding. Though if you do get them, it should be together.

I’ve not listened to the others yet, but I picked them up in the Sale. I’m on Series 3 at the minute.
Helen Sinclair, Don’t You Dare!
Member Since June 2013

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:33 pm

Not a fan of their new website.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:58 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:Not a fan of their new website.

Yeah I've done web design before and I'd say they've definitely borked it. The desktop version is pretty much acceptable but the mobile version is terrible. Has that dodgy scrolling problem where it pings you around randomly (at least for me), nothing is easily accessible and the icons for each release on the homepage are flipping massive.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:17 pm

Doctor What wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:Not a fan of their new website.

Yeah I've done web design before and I'd say they've definitely borked it. The desktop version is pretty much acceptable but the mobile version is terrible. Has that dodgy scrolling problem where it pings you around randomly (at least for me), nothing is easily accessible and the icons for each release on the homepage are flipping massive.

Maybe they changed it for an April Fools?

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:31 am

I’m glad it’s not just me who thought it was crap.

I can see what they were going for and there’s certain aspects of it that I like but the previous one was fine and only really needed minor tweaks.

This one is just way more complicated and difficult to navigate. Like where the hell has Vortex magazine gone?

And apparently my Eighth Of March Boxset is a Dark Shadows miniseries now.
Helen Sinclair, Don’t You Dare!
Member Since June 2013

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:06 pm

Finally completed the Divergent arc.
Scherzo- Great story, easily my favourite McGann story I've heard so far. 9/10
Creed of Kromon- Dull, would've worked better if it was more satirical, there's an almost Douglas Adams vibe they didn't act on. 3/10
Natural history of fear- Pretty interesting but when I first heard it I was on a ferry half asleep after a 4 hour drive so was not in the right mind for this type of story. 5/10
The Twilight Kingdom- .... Next 2/10
Faith Stealer- Fun story, though like most of the Series feels like it could take place in the normal universe. 6/10
The Last- really deep and depressing story, but I don't like how the villain didn't get a decent comeuppance. 7/10
Caedoria- Loved it, definitely the second best of the series.8.5/10
The Next Life- Feels stretched, Charley and C'rizz's conflict felt forced. It's basically a more traditional and concise version of Zagreus though not as fun, the Grace joke was assuming, great ending. 6/10

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”