Steampunk Dalek

fincon16

Steampunk Dalek

Postby fincon16 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:18 pm

So, does anyone think we'll see models of the steampunk Dalek from the New Year's episode Resolution in the shops anytime soon?
Collector and occasional customiser of 12" Daleks

Racks42

Re: Steampunk Dalek

Postby Racks42 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:57 pm

i honnestly dont know, people seem to really hate it, bit i rather like it, i hope we at least get a CO Figure!
HUU Doctor Who Society President 4 years running, Avid cosplayer, All round Who boffin!
Co-Founder at https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:13 pm

I hadn't realised people didn't like it, I thought it was pretty cool looking, made a nice change from them always just looking the same, without throwing a "this is the new design it is an upgrade it is better" bit at us like the skittles daleks did back in the matt smith one. I'd buy a Resolution Dalek for sure.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:52 pm

I loved it, i was hoping for a new standard design, but it just wouldn’t have been believable being built where it was, this design looks hilarious, but it makes sense. And, well, it killed like 20 soldiers and blew up a damn tank!

Personally I hope for a 2-pack with the Doctor with scarf, and the Dalek. The mutant could be an accessory

TW.
Been on here 8 years...blimey

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:18 am

Will we see this in shops soon? Probably not.

Will we see this in shops at all? Possibly. It's a Dalek, and Daleks are iconic. Plus, if they make it in the right way, they can re-use the majority of the figure to make an RC version which they can sell for more money.

I'd certainly buy one. It'd be nice to have the Dalek next to 13 and you can't go wrong with a Dalek.

Racks42

Postby Racks42 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:40 pm

i'll reckon we will see it, but not till series 12 is upon us
HUU Doctor Who Society President 4 years running, Avid cosplayer, All round Who boffin!
Co-Founder at https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

Bundy

Postby Bundy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:30 pm

I think times have changed and we are no longer likely to get any new figures from CO that only appear in a single episode. Too may retailers got burnt with peg warmers.

By the very nature of the story this Dalek was a one-off design. The only thing in its favour is that this was the New Year special rather than the normal series so it would have attracted more viewers than normal (I have not seen the ratings) but even then I don't see there being enough demand from the general consumer to get the required ROI.

We never got the new cyberman, and that has been in more than one episode and will likely appear again, dispite there being a 3.75" version meaning the proof of concept was already there.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:38 am

I'd love to get a Co figure of it, but i'm not sure CO will think it's worth the expense of a complete new tooling for a dalek they can't reuse...

Return to “Doctor Who Toys”