Toy Fair 2019

EndlessTimelord

Toy Fair 2019

Postby EndlessTimelord » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:31 am

Completely forgot about this, but who thinks we'll see anything new at Toy Fair this month? I personally hope we get to see this flight control TARDIS at long last.

What Id hope we see is:

Graham, Ryan and Yaz (could put new headsculpts on old bodies which match closely to their outfits. (like Bill) I saw more specific details on what they can use on another thread) with mini monster accessories:
Yaz- with Pting
Graham- 2 big Spiders
Ryan- with Frog or sniper bot blaster

Stenza Warrior/Tim Shaw (mask with swappable maskless head)

Kerblam man

Junk Dalek with mutant

Wishlist for me:
They hinted at some series 10 figures that may have come last year if there were any it'd be nice to see them added in to have more figures available.

The Outcast

Re: Toy Fair 2018

Postby The Outcast » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:15 pm

I don't think we'll see as much as that. At tops I reckon we'll only see Graham, Yaz and Ryan and the Flight Control TARDIS that was listed on that one site a while back.

Maybe there could be something from Series 10, but I'd say IF something Series 10 related is coming, we won't see it there, as it'd be an exclusive.

Of course, most likely case scenario is that we see nothing and we continue to sit and wait, bored out of our skulls until February when the B&M 4th Doctor TARDIS comes out.

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:39 pm

I'd be surprised if we saw any companions, personally. Remember how just getting a Rory figure was like pulling teeth?

I bet they reveal the TARDIS and maybe a Dalek, if they reveal anything at all.
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Yeah I reckon we’ll just see the sonic, the adventure doll, the Thirteen figure, a flight control Tardis and maybe some new role play toy we’ve not yet seen but that’ll probably be it.

I expect Amazon will release a purple top Jodie at some point this year and B&M will have their usual three packs in the summer but we won’t see anything like that at toyfair because they’re by retailer exclusives.
Helen Sinclair, Don’t You Dare!
Member Since June 2013

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:23 pm

I doubt we’ll be getting much next year. It makes more sense to wait until the next series, just get stuff ready for a well timed release

At least that’s what a wise company should do, but CO hasn’t been ready for a good 5 years now. I mean how did they managed to release 13 after Christmas. And not even like months later, I found it IN A REGUALR SHOP, only 6 days after Christmas Day. And have since seen it in 2 more shops. Insanity. But then again Argos and entertainer don’t have it, and they stock the 10” and sonic, so maybe they haven’t been big sellers? I haven’t even seen a big general merch push, like back in 2013. T-shirts, cups, bags etc. Who knows.

TW.
Been on here 8 years...blimey

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:37 am

I'll be at the Toy Fair and I hope we'll see some toys there. I doubt there will be much though

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:39 am

Whovastron wrote:I doubt we’ll be getting much next year. It makes more sense to wait until the next series, just get stuff ready for a well timed release

At least that’s what a wise company should do, but CO hasn’t been ready for a good 5 years now. I mean how did they managed to release 13 after Christmas. And not even like months later, I found it IN A REGUALR SHOP, only 6 days after Christmas Day. And have since seen it in 2 more shops. Insanity. But then again Argos and entertainer don’t have it, and they stock the 10” and sonic, so maybe they haven’t been big sellers? I haven’t even seen a big general merch push, like back in 2013. T-shirts, cups, bags etc. Who knows.

TW.

The 13th Doctor figure was available in the shops before Xmas. And people who ordered it from CO directly got it before Xmas as well.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:27 am

HubertBonisseur wrote:
Whovastron wrote:I doubt we’ll be getting much next year. It makes more sense to wait until the next series, just get stuff ready for a well timed release

TW.

The 13th Doctor figure was available in the shops before Xmas. And people who ordered it from CO directly got it before Xmas as well.

It wasn’t the plan though, the original release date was January. I’ve not heard any stories of it being availible in store before Christmas, but I’ll take your word for it. But even then it couldn’t of been that much before, they should of had it out whilst series 11 was on. They managed the screwdriver and 10” figure but not their most famous range?

TW.
Been on here 8 years...blimey

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:46 am

Speaking of, my Jodie figure still hasn't been dispatched. According to the Forbidden Planet website they're planning to send them out on the 9th, which is tomorrow, I'm going away next week so I hope she comes before I go.

EndlessTimelord

Postby EndlessTimelord » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:32 pm

Whovastron wrote:
HubertBonisseur wrote:

TW.

It wasn’t the plan though, the original release date was January. I’ve not heard any stories of it being availible in store before Christmas, but I’ll take your word for it. But even then it couldn’t of been that much before, they should of had it out whilst series 11 was on. They managed the screwdriver and 10” figure but not their most famous range?

TW.

I got mine just before Xmas from Forbidden Planet. The three Scottish stores (Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen) all seemed to get the Series 11 stuff on time or early this year

Return to “5" Figures”