B&M 2019

skifflebits

Re: B&M 2019

Postby skifflebits » Sat May 11, 2019 11:44 pm

Deborah J wrote:
skifflebits wrote:Sounds like B&M is at least willing to put up some money. Maybe they've bit on the exact ROI formula for targeting us rabid Doctor Who toy geeks.

I prefer to think of myself as a calm and casual collector, personally.

And I prefer to think of myself as The Batman of Love, but I don't think anyone would back me up on that.

:)
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Sun May 12, 2019 1:28 am

Here's an odd thought. The Invasion of Time Leela figure might make a good base for a figure of Nyssa in her Terminus outfit. Just switch over some of the arm pieces from the Face of Evil Leela and mould a new head, PVC top and skirt piece and you'd have something that looks like Nyssa in that story. Just an odd idea I thought of.

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Sun May 12, 2019 7:18 am

Deborah J wrote:
skifflebits wrote:Sounds like B&M is at least willing to put up some money. Maybe they've bit on the exact ROI formula for targeting us rabid Doctor Who toy geeks.

Seconded.
My new signature - as made by the wonderful 'Deborah J'

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Sun May 12, 2019 7:32 am

skifflebits wrote:
Deborah J wrote:

And I prefer to think of myself as The Batman of Love, but I don't think anyone would back me up on that.

Jokes on you, that's what I'm calling you from now on.

The Outcast wrote:Here's an odd thought. The Invasion of Time Leela figure might make a good base for a figure of Nyssa in her Terminus outfit. Just switch over some of the arm pieces from the Face of Evil Leela and mould a new head, PVC top and skirt piece and you'd have something that looks like Nyssa in that story. Just an odd idea I thought of.

That's actually a pretty good idea. I mean it kind of comes down to only using existing legs, arms and pants, but since most of the new pieces are pvc bits, like on Talons Tom it wouldn't be a monstrously expensive undertaking. Quite a nice outfit, too, wouldn't be my first choice, but it is a very nice one.

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Sun May 12, 2019 8:21 am

Also, you could take the bottom half of the Peri figure and reuse it for a Season 20 Tegan. And if you put a new head on a James Lester figure like others have suggested, you could have a Turlough. Which means, combined, you could have an entire TARDIS crew with their costumes from Terminus.

Obviously this is still a pipe dream, but hey, as it reuses pre-exist parts it could be possible maybe...?

Pjd94

Postby Pjd94 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:13 am

Or they could be REALLY lazy by taking a S2 cyberman and packaging it as a Cyber-Parallel-Jackie-Tyler.

Perhaps the pleasant surprise may be that we finally get the Wheel cyberman that has been craved by collectors, or an upscaled S7 cyberman from the 3.75" design.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Sun May 12, 2019 10:30 am

The Outcast wrote:Also, you could take the bottom half of the Peri figure and reuse it for a Season 20 Tegan. And if you put a new head on a James Lester figure like others have suggested, you could have a Turlough. Which means, combined, you could have an entire TARDIS crew with their costumes from Terminus.

Obviously this is still a pipe dream, but hey, as it reuses pre-exist parts it could be possible maybe...?

It would be an odd mix, for sure, that's the most similar nyssa and tegan's outfits ever were to each other, aesthetically having a set with two companions both in white outfits that were similar in length would be kind of an unusual one, but I'd definitely get that if they made it.

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Sun May 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Deborah J wrote:
skifflebits wrote:
Deborah J wrote:I prefer to think of myself as a calm and casual collector, personally.

This is a bad thing... how? :)
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Sun May 12, 2019 3:31 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
skifflebits wrote:

This is a bad thing... how? :)

Didn't say it was a bad thing, batman of love. ;)

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Sun May 12, 2019 3:41 pm

I don't know what's happening :lol:
My new signature - as made by the wonderful 'Deborah J'

Return to “5" Figures”