Some Clever Reference's Fan Art

SomeCleverReference

Some Clever Reference's Fan Art

Postby SomeCleverReference » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:21 pm

I have a lot of art and stupid meme-ish Big Finish covers that I've made over the past 6 months, I figured I'd share them here. All stories with "by Smappy" say that because that's my username most other places, but I made my account here before I started using that name.

I'll post everything I've made mostly in chronological order, so first, here's my earliest, very very horrible cover I edited in GIMP:

This one was for an original story that I was thinking of writing and might submit to the Short Trips competition next year:

Here are more stupid meme ones:

And this one I made after I kept getting loads of angry reddit commentors every time I posted anything:

Then I made some Big Finish-style covers for novels I've read:

And, not a book but I made this since the audio didn't have a proper cover anyway:

After this point, I got photoshop, and it makes making covers a thousand times easier and looks great.

Covers for the first 2 stories in The Last Adventure Box Set:

And with the style of the reversible BF covers, with era-appropriate logo and fonts:

I have a reversible template for every Doctor, even ones who haven't had one in the new style yet (including one for the War Doctor, which I added on to the official cover art below)

And now the rest of these are all based off of novels I've read. Most of them feature a lot of colorization work, because most 2nd Doctor pictures are black and white, as you'd expect:

And I made this just so I could remake the template for Lost Stories with the new logo:

I also have a ton of covers in the new Blu-Ray style, but I'll spare you on them until the next post.

And to end on, here's my best meme/stupidest joke I've made:

Deborah J

Re: Some Clever Reference's Fan Art

Postby Deborah J » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:23 pm

Wow, that was a real rollercoaster ride going through all of them. After the antics of the first half it was hard to be sure if all of them were going to be serious or not. Like spelling David Bradley's name wrong, was that on purpose? Also "By Lazy Graphic Artists" made me chuckle, I wonder if I helped to write that.

I need to give a seperate paragraph to gush about how good you did that one where Patrick Troughton's face crosses into Roger Delgado's because that is absolutely gorgeous. Getting two face pictures that like up that well is nearly impossible, I'm not wearing a hat right now, but I really wish I was so that I could take it off to you.

I'd definitely listen to Dab of the Doctor if they released that though, for sure.

Return to “Collections & Fan Art”