Doctor Who RPG

Moderator: DukeNukem 2417

Valeyard

Doctor Who RPG

Post by Valeyard » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:45 pm

I remember way back in the early days of the forum, there was a play-by-post role-playing game based around, of course, Doctor Who. For those unaware, a play-by-post role-playing game has players interact with each other in a predefined environment and scenario via text which caters to both creative writers and gamers alike. So I figured, why not bring it back? To start, let's establish some ground rules...

1. You may change the path of the story in whatever way you see fit, so long as it doesn't go off the rails into absurdity and surrealism. This is intended to be a game firmly grounded in the established canon of the show and it's spin-off material.
2. Don't kill off other characters created by other users. Let them decide the fate of their own characters, and you decide the fate of yours.

Now, simply create a character by using the following format and filling in the blanks for your character!

Name:
Species:
Homeworld:
Alignment:
Powers:

For an example of what you could fill in:

Name: The Doctor
Species: Time Lord
Homeworld: Gallifrey
Alignment: Good
Powers: Regeneration, Genius Intellect, Increased Stamina, Telepathic and Psychic Abilities

As for a predefined environment and scenario to begin our story...

The Last Great Time War. Planet SN-140. A planet devastated by both the Dalek Empire and the Time Lords in a seemingly never-ending battle, both sides determined to wipe one another out. All that remains is the ruins of a once hidden yet incredibly beautiful civilisation, and a handful of survivors hunting wild animals and fighting over resources. During a violent confrontation in what used to be the planet's capital, a small spacecraft lands before the citizens, who draw their weapons, ready for a fight. The doors to the spacecraft open, as the pilot steps out and begins to walk towards them...
'Bring back the Vervoids you cowards.'

DalekCheese

Re: Doctor Who RPG

Post by DalekCheese » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:41 pm

Name: Dalek Supreme 191
Species: Dalek
Homeworld: Skaro
Alignment: Dalek Empire
Powers: Nothing fancy. A large laser gun, bodyguards and so on...
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

TheVoiceThatGrates

Re: Doctor Who RPG

Post by TheVoiceThatGrates » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:12 am

You know, today I had an idea for a new character to try to incorporate him into stories.

Name: Tharnel
Species: Gallifreyan
Homeworld: Gallifrey
Alignment: Renegade (Bad)
Powers: Military training, strategic mindset, excellent hand-to-hand combatant and marksman

A renegade Burner dedicated to wiping the Doctor from history. Whether this is a personal grudge or manipulation from a third party is unknown.