I predict this would be a best seller.

Doctor What

Re: Planet of Fire 2 Pack- Bikini Peri & Kamelion

Postby Doctor What » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:43 pm

uhhh...ok....

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:20 pm

I mean I guess, they'd prbably be able to reuse some parts of it if they did a figure of peri in a skirt or something (although I can only think of two stories where she does wear a skirt) but really a figure of an outit that she only wears for a few scenes of one episode of one serial is going to have limited purpose. Like I know we've had figures of one of costumes, but at least they'd been costumes worn for a whole story. Peri's bikini had less airtime than Nyssa's underwear had in Terminus. It's more prominent than, say, tom baker dressed as the jack of diamonds, but... I don't know. I guess the regen figures are costumes only worn for a short time, but then the regenerations are quite significant events to have figures for.

Galifreyan

Postby Galifreyan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:43 pm

Doctor What wrote:uhhh...ok....

Do you think this is a good idea?

Would you buy a set?

Galifreyan

Postby Galifreyan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:44 pm

Deborah J wrote:I mean I guess, they'd prbably be able to reuse some parts of it if they did a figure of peri in a skirt or something (although I can only think of two stories where she does wear a skirt) but really a figure of an outit that she only wears for a few scenes of one episode of one serial is going to have limited purpose. Like I know we've had figures of one of costumes, but at least they'd been costumes worn for a whole story. Peri's bikini had less airtime than Nyssa's underwear had in Terminus. It's more prominent than, say, tom baker dressed as the jack of diamonds, but... I don't know. I guess the regen figures are costumes only worn for a short time, but then the regenerations are quite significant events to have figures for.

I think it would be worth it. I get your point about limited air time but like you said we have most of the regen outfits.

I don't think they would have any problems selling it. ;)

EmeraldThorn

Postby EmeraldThorn » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:05 am

Kamelion sure but not sure the Peri would be of much use, rather her outfit from the Mysterious Planet first personally or even The Two Doctors. But for Planet Of Fire maybe an updated sculpt of her previous Caves Of Androzani figure

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:52 pm

I suppose if the bikini was just painted on a generic female body, they could reuse that for...

What am I talking about?? THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:18 pm

skifflebits wrote:I suppose if the bikini was just painted on a generic female body, they could reuse that for...

Like the legs could be used for a figure in a skirt, although since she wouldn't have any shoes on it wouldn't be that transferable. Top half I can't really see much use for, maybe they could repaint it, pair it with the Vengeance on varos legs to make her outfit from the very start of two doctors when she's not got her shirt on. That's my best reuse idea, I feel like it would need to have some recyclability for them to make it, for sure.

Galifreyan

Postby Galifreyan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:12 pm

skifflebits wrote:I suppose if the bikini was just painted on a generic female body, they could reuse that for...

You must have faith.

Return to “5" Figures”