What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

TheSparrow

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by TheSparrow » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:01 am

I've been a huge Half-Life fan since I was about 7/8 and I know loads about the franchise and I also love the sister series, Portal, but it occurred to me, that at 19 years of age, I'd never actually played Half-Life 2: Episode 1/2 so I bought them recently and I'm very happy I did because it was like closing a chapter of my life and finally accepting that there will never be a Half-Life 3.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

Gek2Win

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by Gek2Win » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:41 pm

Oh you know what, I literally just stopped playing episode two one day and never went back to finish it. Perhaps I should...

Also technically, technically, there is a Half-Life 3, which is Half-Life VR. But I'm never going to play that.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:45 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:41 pm
Oh you know what, I literally just stopped playing episode two one day and never went back to finish it. Perhaps I should...

Also technically, technically, there is a Half-Life 3, which is Half-Life VR. But I'm never going to play that.
Yeah, HLVR is gonna be a prequel to Half-Life 2 where you play as Alyx, though, so hopefully that will lead to an Episode 3 or a Half-Life 3 somewhere down the line.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:14 pm

GOOOOD MORRRNIIIING VIETNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:00 pm

I plan to read Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep" so that eventually my girlfriend and I can see it. She hasn't read the book, either, and I don't know how important it is to either of us to watch the movie before the book. But that is at least something we hope to do!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:30 pm

The Man Who Would Be King
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Good Omens

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:03 pm

We’re Knights of the Round Table,
We dance whene’er we’re able!

[etc]

“On second thoughts, let’s not go to Camelot. ‘Tis a silly place.”

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:41 am

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:07 pm

I'm currently listening to the audiobook of Kurt Vonnegut's "Breakfast of Champions" as read by John Malkovich, and yes, it's as good as it sounds. :)
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg