Avon's customs

Danoftardis

Re: Avon's customs

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:19 pm

Wow! That Tegan is mega, it looks so much like her. And she fits in great alongside Davison & co, the family is all together. Sans Adric of course, RIP. :cry: Also now I've seen what Josie's supposed to look like I can appreciate the work you've done even more, that looks a hard costume to make for a figure.

And you want to see what my desk looks like when I'm doing TCoS cover artwork, a similar level of development mess I assure you. :lol: I'm currently surrounded by pictures of the mighty Moxx.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:22 pm

Love the Fifth Doc TARDIS crew. And Tegan was a stroke of genius.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:50 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:19 pm
Wow! That Tegan is mega, it looks so much like her. And she fits in great alongside Davison & co, the family is all together. Sans Adric of course, RIP. :cry: Also now I've seen what Josie's supposed to look like I can appreciate the work you've done even more, that looks a hard costume to make for a figure.

And you want to see what my desk looks like when I'm doing TCoS cover artwork, a similar level of development mess I assure you. :lol: I'm currently surrounded by pictures of the mighty Moxx.
Can you do our faux signatures on his chair as a call back to DG’s request after we formed?

Back on topic, really lovely customs there. Can never get enough mouth on legs.
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:
⚪Sex ⚪Love 🔘Ba bop ba dop bop bop

Avon

Post by Avon » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:33 pm

My god! Thank you all so much everyone honestly!! :D Your all very kind haha, I know it sounds daft but it really does mean a lot to see people's reactions, and to be able share them with people who appreciate them, said it before but it makes it all worthwhile and I'm so glad everyone loves Tegan!!!

Well to answer a few questions!

Doctor What - the cricket bat I got off ebay years ago, looking back through and doing a search, it seems they're gone at the moment but they were from a dollhouse line of accessories, still need to paint the handle after three years :lol: but I liked leaving it red, the ball is actually a bead off a broken necklace of my friends, she'll hand me bags of random odds and ends like broken necklace chains etc knowing that they come in handy when making figures. Its actually a magenta colour but I intend to detail it soon with stitching etc

Deborah - I actually intended to go with that hairstyle! And started sculpting it that way but it would've meant having to pretty much shave Astrid bald on one side which is an utter nightmare in so many ways :lol: . So went with the slightly bigger 80's hair which was great fun, after her and Nyssa, I'm now ready for Mel

Dan - Don't give up on Adric yet!! I'm pretty much down to him, Mel, and Kamelion, such great company :lol: but I have seen a very good custom using Wesley Crusher as a base so he is now most definitely on my radar, especially as I can trim SJ's skirt with the string belt for him. God I can imagine! Sounds..., interesting with the moxx :lol: You should see my main desk, sketchbooks, arms, legs, heads, Sontaran weaponary, it's a massacre

Sounds crazy but I had two main goals when I started all these figures, to make at least one companion for each Doctor, and to complete my favorite eras (UNIT family, Tegan/Nyssa/Turlough/5 and we had Ace/7 and most of 10's officially), it's kinda crazy to look at them now and say I'm there! But of course, I now appreciate Victoria/Jamie and Harry/SJ/4 etc so, there's no rest :lol:

Now I set up all my customs on bedroom carpet, as a celebration at finally getting Tegan made, as in a straight line they outrun my Doctors easily, far too big for the shelf, then my batteries died... But I do have something semi new to show, I remastered Jamie!

"Ach, look at the size of that one Doctor!"

New kilt, boots, and socks, and a little rework on the face, though I'm still not happy with the likeness.. (it's like the curse of the odd numbered Star Trek films! All my female characters, Liz, Nyssa, Tegan, Josie Izzy look awesome, Mike, Benton, Jamie...still need some work :lol: but he's getting there )

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:27 am

Is that your custom Troughton TARDIS? It looks really nice in the low light conditions, somehow it complements the battered look of it.

Avon

Post by Avon » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:48 am

It is indeed! It does doesn't it? I used alot of ref pictures of it out in the sunlight as a rough guide but it actually looks a lot more subdued and perhaps closer to some of the studio scenes in season 6/7 in low light, which is cool. Similarish thing with Tegan's dress, I had no idea based on any photos she had any green on her dress, till I put my Warriors DVD in my blu ray which upscales it and lo and behold, green! Wonder how Jon's jackets look in full HD

I'll update later with a full picture of all the companions so far! I now have batteries :lol:

Avon

Post by Avon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:40 pm

Well I held off for awhile, waiting for my carrionite to make Mary Tamm but guess what? They've lost the package! So I got on with making Romana 2, now, in person, she looks okayish but the hair looks a little.., odd, I shouldn't have made the jacket lapels before making the hair as it ended up being a right mess, I think she looks okay though, Ill sit and muse on it for awhile and figure out what's wrong, I need to figure out a decent way of making the lower half of the scarf too. The hair looks particularly fat but fine in-hand, somehow.. Any suggestions though are greatly appreciated!

And the classic companions!

13 made so far..

Now I found this, a blast from the past and something lost in time till today, my first Dr Who custom, an Ainley in a Destiny of the Doctors esque outfit. Paint was lacquered on like gunge so I had to clean him up a bit and the goatee took a battering, I might revisit this. The cloak, belonging to a creature of pure unbridled evil and unmatched sadism, terror of a thousand worlds and crusher of wills, master manipulator, purveyor of unspeakably horrors and acts of pure malice and chaos, my ex's blouse that I cut to pieces and resew for Ainley :lol:

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:43 pm

Avon wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:40 pm
Well I held off for awhile, waiting for my carrionite to make Mary Tamm but guess what? They've lost the package! So I got on with making Romana 2, now, in person, she looks okayish but the hair looks a little.., odd, I shouldn't have made the jacket lapels before making the hair as it ended up being a right mess, I think she looks okay though, Ill sit and muse on it for awhile and figure out what's wrong, I need to figure out a decent way of making the lower half of the scarf too. The hair looks particularly fat but fine in-hand, somehow.. Any suggestions though are greatly appreciated!

And the classic companions!

13 made so far..

Now I found this, a blast from the past and something lost in time till today, my first Dr Who custom, an Ainley in a Destiny of the Doctors esque outfit. Paint was lacquered on like gunge so I had to clean him up a bit and the goatee took a battering, I might revisit this. The cloak, belonging to a creature of pure unbridled evil and unmatched sadism, terror of a thousand worlds and crusher of wills, master manipulator, purveyor of unspeakably horrors and acts of pure malice and chaos, my ex's blouse that I cut to pieces and resew for Ainley :lol:

I love destiny of the doctors. Only for Ainley though...

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:45 pm

Oh my actual days, that Romana... the face looks so much like her the whole thing just comes together amazingly, like I know reading that you had some issues with her but she straight up could be an official release, she's incredible, it just makes me sad that all these amazing companions in your lineup aren't real widely-available figures, because if they were it would be the best thing. I hope CO sneak a peak at some of these and think "oh what a good idea" and go off and make them.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:25 am

Romana looks great. An Amy Pond is a surprisingly good likeness for Lalla Ward, which I'd have never of guessed. The hair looks alright to me, in Destiny it's going all over the place anyway when she's running about. :lol: Love the line up shot, they look great all together, send it off to Al and tell him 'look it can be done!' Ainley looks a particularly shady character, I wouldn't like to meet him in a dark alley anytime soon.