Leo’s simple customs

Deborah J

Re: Leo’s simple customs

Post by Deborah J » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:06 am

protip: if you're posting pictures here from imgur, instead of posting the link, click on the dropdown in the top right of the image, click on "get share links" and copy and paste the bb code where it says "forums" then the image will embed here and people will see it more easily.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:07 am

That Eccleston came out really nice!

Colbakerfanboy

Post by Colbakerfanboy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:52 am

not sure if im a fan of the tie so far! still drying but I might repaint the tie a simple brown colour

Colbakerfanboy

Post by Colbakerfanboy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:53 am

Repainted the tie and overall it looks much better, probably will retry the shoes but for a first attempt at shoes im overall happy :)

Colbakerfanboy

Post by Colbakerfanboy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:54 am

Doctor What wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:07 am
That Eccleston came out really nice!
Thank you!!! :)

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:56 am

That’s come out quite nicely! What paints are you using?
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Colbakerfanboy

Post by Colbakerfanboy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:06 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:56 am
Thank you!! And I used for Eccleston and Tennant these cheap acrylic paints I think it was £1 for a box of 8 tubes but the paint job came out well in both so I’ll probably keep using them! 😃

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Colbakerfanboy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:06 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:56 am
Thank you!! And I used for Eccleston and Tennant these cheap acrylic paints I think it was £1 for a box of 8 tubes but the paint job came out well in both so I’ll probably keep using them! 😃
You might want to look into citadel paints. Slightly more money, but worth it.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:47 pm

Colbakerfanboy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:53 am

Repainted the tie and overall it looks much better, probably will retry the shoes but for a first attempt at shoes im overall happy :)
Nice job! For cleaner lines on those shoes I'd recommend picking up a paint pen from somewhere like Hobbycraft. They're only a couple of quid and they allow you to sort those fine details. It helped me to get smooth lines when I painted a waistcoat on my B&M 12 and had to tidy up a little bit

Colbakerfanboy

Post by Colbakerfanboy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:59 pm

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:47 pm
Colbakerfanboy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:53 am

Nice job! For cleaner lines on those shoes I'd recommend picking up a paint pen from somewhere like Hobbycraft. They're only a couple of quid and they allow you to sort those fine details. It helped me to get smooth lines when I painted a waistcoat on my B&M 12 and had to tidy up a little bit
I’m definitely gonna try both yours and dalek cheeses idea thank you for the tips!!, I had problems with my B&M 12 too he came with a big red mark on his shirt which I had to paint over !