Moderator: porcelaingirl

DalekCheese

Re: Newly Acquired

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:26 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:49 am
DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:14 am
Just got the Mortal Engines DVD. Great books, hope the film lives up to them.
What a coincidence, that just happens to be yesterday's new premier on Sky Cinema. I haven't seen it, and I doubt I will actually. I believe I read the book many years ago and didn't like it.
Fair enough. I’ll provide a blow-by-blow commentary so that I can bore anyone reading senseless :Muhahaha:
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:07 pm

Lego Batman Brother Eye Takedown

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:48 pm

I received a truly humongous box today. Turns out it was my eBay lot purchase, the most major element being the 6-inch scale Hasbro Star Wars Black Series Special Forces TIE Fighter. I'm a happy chappie.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:48 pm
I received a truly humongous box today. Turns out it was my eBay lot purchase, the most major element being the 6-inch scale Hasbro Star Wars Black Series Special Forces TIE Fighter. I'm a happy chappie.
That’s make a lot of people happy chappies.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:57 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:48 pm
Ooooh nice, i've been considering getting into the 6 inch Black Series figures recently. I'd probably only go for the Stormtrooper/Clone type figures, i'm not super interested in much else. Think they're worth me diving into?

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:55 am

I think the more recent droids are definitely good, especially triple zero and bt-1. I personally barely own any black series, but I'm definitely looking into the imperial officers of all things. The Photoreal tech is superb. But it's each to their own. Take a peek and see if there's anything surprisingly interesting.

Avon

Post by Avon » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Definitely, I would say Doctor What, regarding Black Series, and now really is the time with the Archives collection re-releasing older figures up to current modern spec! I cherry pick my favorites, mainly Jedi/Sith/rebels at the moment. Currently trooper wise I only have General Obi from the Tartakovsky cartoon and Rex, both of whom I wholeheartedly recommend, especially Rex, armor and likeness is incredible, there's also a slim chance your local Entertainer (if you have one) has him for £5.50 if they still have any stock (along with all their Black Series singles). They also have the FO flametrooper 100% for that price, again if stock's still hanging about (sold a couple yesterday actually!) and will 1000% have the Disney exclusive battle damaged classic Stormtrooper with blasts/base for £14.50.

FP have the Inferno squad trooper on sale, also jump trooper restocks in Birmingham for full price.., I can tell you a reputable site you can get Wolffe for £15 though I'm keeping that quiet as I'm after one myself at the end of the month! Biker scout, and Boba are still hanging about.., Jango even ended up at Home Bargains too. Fox is on the way to FP, along with a Gree restock but both are silly money

I would 1000% recommend Mace Windu, as the best figure I've got from the line (you need a general for them after all!), ANH 40th anniversary Vader is likewise superb (a few places had him kicking about with the giant palitoy base for twenty, other figures I have that are certainly worth picking up if you fancy them, Jaina Solo, Empire Han, Archives ep 3 Anakin, Darth Revan, any of the Rebels figures but especially Sabine. Don't have him, but the new Mando chap looks amazing. Really can't beat the likenesses, more than happy to take some photos if you'd like

(and I am very, very very very jealous of that TIE :lol: )

I have no idea if this is handy, but I saw my Entertainer had some war for cybertron Transformers in.., Starscream and a couple of others, no SKU's so not sure on the price as I didn't have my handheld tricorder thingy to hand though I'll check Monday

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:51 pm

Honestly, just check eBay in regards to that TIE. Boxed, it's still far cheaper than the original price, but if you're willing to go second hand then it can be between £30-£40 in some examples. I was very lucky to catch the one I did, only £45 with p&p and it came with a mint in box Poe and Riot Stormtrooper.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:55 am
I think the more recent droids are definitely good, especially triple zero and bt-1. I personally barely own any black series, but I'm definitely looking into the imperial officers of all things. The Photoreal tech is superb. But it's each to their own. Take a peek and see if there's anything surprisingly interesting.
The droids do look rather nice as well, I think if I get Boba Fett i'd have to get the rest of his crew as well, which includes the rather nice looking IG-88.
Avon wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:16 pm
Definitely, I would say Doctor What, regarding Black Series, and now really is the time with the Archives collection re-releasing older figures up to current modern spec! I cherry pick my favorites, mainly Jedi/Sith/rebels at the moment. Currently trooper wise I only have General Obi from the Tartakovsky cartoon and Rex, both of whom I wholeheartedly recommend, especially Rex, armor and likeness is incredible, there's also a slim chance your local Entertainer (if you have one) has him for £5.50 if they still have any stock (along with all their Black Series singles). They also have the FO flametrooper 100% for that price, again if stock's still hanging about (sold a couple yesterday actually!) and will 1000% have the Disney exclusive battle damaged classic Stormtrooper with blasts/base for £14.50.

FP have the Inferno squad trooper on sale, also jump trooper restocks in Birmingham for full price.., I can tell you a reputable site you can get Wolffe for £15 though I'm keeping that quiet as I'm after one myself at the end of the month! Biker scout, and Boba are still hanging about.., Jango even ended up at Home Bargains too. Fox is on the way to FP, along with a Gree restock but both are silly money

I would 1000% recommend Mace Windu, as the best figure I've got from the line (you need a general for them after all!), ANH 40th anniversary Vader is likewise superb (a few places had him kicking about with the giant palitoy base for twenty, other figures I have that are certainly worth picking up if you fancy them, Jaina Solo, Empire Han, Archives ep 3 Anakin, Darth Revan, any of the Rebels figures but especially Sabine. Don't have him, but the new Mando chap looks amazing. Really can't beat the likenesses, more than happy to take some photos if you'd like

(and I am very, very very very jealous of that TIE :lol: )

I have no idea if this is handy, but I saw my Entertainer had some war for cybertron Transformers in.., Starscream and a couple of others, no SKU's so not sure on the price as I didn't have my handheld tricorder thingy to hand though I'll check Monday
It was actually seeing a picture of the new Mandolorian figure that made me really want to get into them, he looks so nice. Thanks for the heads up about the various places to buy them, i'll be sure to have a look. Would be nice to have a TIE fighter but not sure I have the space for that at the moment :lol: . And I would love to see some photos of them in hand.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:41 pm

I don't really have the space for it to be honest. It's kinda just there on the floor at the moment. I'll probably put a shelf up or something. A deep shelf.