Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

The Outcast

Re: Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Postby The Outcast » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:16 am

HubertBonisseur wrote:Even if there's really a 13th doctor's 5.5" figure coming (which isn't announced so far), it doesn't mean that there will be a full wave of figures released. We haven't seen that happen since Matt Smith

I'm only speculating, though it is, indeed, worth noting we did get a full wave of 12th Doctor figures in the 3.75 line, and we get get about five entirely new figures for the 5.5" line in 2015, so I don't think it's too much of a stretch. The only reason I'm speculating there might be a 13th Doctor wave is because I honestly can't think of any reason why a 5.5" figure of 13 hasn't been announced by now unless it's that. I'm not saying it's definitely the reason, I'm not even saying I have any conclusive evidence, or much evidence at all, it's just a speculation and guesswork, which I hope is right.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Lovaticnwhovian wrote:
HubertBonisseur wrote:Received my Bill figure from Amazon this morning. It's a beaut!

Really!? I got an email yesterday saying it will arrive in October

The advantage of Prime.

Lots of people have received an email telling them it will arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:00 pm

The Outcast wrote:
HubertBonisseur wrote:Even if there's really a 13th doctor's 5.5" figure coming (which isn't announced so far), it doesn't mean that there will be a full wave of figures released. We haven't seen that happen since Matt Smith

I'm only speculating, though it is, indeed, worth noting we did get a full wave of 12th Doctor figures in the 3.75 line, and we get get about five entirely new figures for the 5.5" line in 2015, so I don't think it's too much of a stretch. The only reason I'm speculating there might be a 13th Doctor wave is because I honestly can't think of any reason why a 5.5" figure of 13 hasn't been announced by now unless it's that. I'm not saying it's definitely the reason, I'm not even saying I have any conclusive evidence, or much evidence at all, it's just a speculation and guesswork, which I hope is right.

Can we clear up once and for all if a Thirteenth Doctor 5.5" figure has been announced or not? Not the Seven20 TootsToys one but a CO one, some say it has been announced, other say it hasn't.

I could be wrong but I'm sure I saw a press release from CO confirming a Thirteenth Doctor 5.5" figure as well as a 5.5" TARDIS however now I try to find it I can't...did I imagine it or does anyone else remember seeing it too?

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:40 pm

Good question.

I think the closest thing we've gotten to an "announcement" is the reveal of a TARDIS in one stores list of upcoming products, and the assumption that a.) It's probably in scale with the old line and b.) therefore they must be coming out with at least a 13th Doctor figure.

I don't think CO has officially said a word about it, only the 8" figure.
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:42 pm

Must admit i'd forgotten about Bill, but i've ordered one now. I have prime and it says it should arrive tomorrow.

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:39 am

CaptainJimiPie wrote:I could be wrong but I'm sure I saw a press release from CO confirming a Thirteenth Doctor 5.5" figure as well as a 5.5" TARDIS however now I try to find it I can't...did I imagine it or does anyone else remember seeing it too?

There has been no announcement of a CO 5.5" 13th Doctor at this point, though as skifflebits said, there was a CO 13th Doctor TARDIS listed on a distributor's website, and you can't have a 13th Doctor TARDIS without a 13th Doctor. There have been whispering that apparently their was one at Toy Fair, but those are just whispers.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:11 am

There’s been no confirmation, of CO or Seven20 or Tootstoys as far as I’m aware. Just speculation and some vague website listings.

If we got 2 Bill figures though, I expect us to get one at some point. She’s a Doctor! And, I hate to bring this into the mix, but I highly doubt CO would want the idea of the first female Doctor being the only one not to get a figure in the 5” line cropping up anywhere, so I’d expect it sooner than we got a Capaldi or Missy etc. Will probably get a Variant for B&M next year too.

What would be perfect IMO would be a Doctor and TARDIS pack. Flight control TARDIS and 13 for like £30/40 in fancy packaging. Would be very cool

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:59 am

Seven20 definitely tweeted a while back that there was a 5.5" 13th Doctor figure coming, but they haven't said a word about it since.
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:56 pm

Whovastron wrote:There’s been no confirmation, of CO or Seven20 or Tootstoys as far as I’m aware. Just speculation and some vague website listings

The Seven20/Toots Toys one DEFINITELY happened as the original tweet by Toots Toys which was retweeted by Seven 20 is still up, although as Skiffle says, nothing more has been said about it since

https://twitter.com/TootsToys/status/10 ... 1586539521

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:18 pm

My Bill has arrived today, there's one slight paint mark and her right elbow seems to have been fused by paint and looks like it will break if I force it. Other than those QC issues it's a really nice figure, much prefer it to the B&M one.

Return to “5" Figures”