Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Whovastron

Re: Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Postby Whovastron » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:59 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
Whovastron wrote:There’s been no confirmation, of CO or Seven20 or Tootstoys as far as I’m aware. Just speculation and some vague website listings

The Seven20/Toots Toys one DEFINITELY happened as the original tweet by Toots Toys which was retweeted by Seven 20 is still up, although as Skiffle says, nothing more has been said about it since

https://twitter.com/TootsToys/status/10 ... 1586539521

Fairplay, yeah we’ll get one at some point, we just gotta be patient

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

tardis23

Postby tardis23 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:12 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
Whovastron wrote:There’s been no confirmation, of CO or Seven20 or Tootstoys as far as I’m aware. Just speculation and some vague website listings

The Seven20/Toots Toys one DEFINITELY happened as the original tweet by Toots Toys which was retweeted by Seven 20 is still up, although as Skiffle says, nothing more has been said about it since

https://twitter.com/TootsToys/status/10 ... 1586539521

Actually on Toots Toys Instagram post of the 13th Doctor 10” Figure somebody asked about the 5.5” Figure and they said they were still getting it. They said they were waiting on painters proto pics and pre sale would follow their arrival. More interestingly they also said they are working on getting some older figures and possibly some retooled ones.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmjjIEdA80M ... j021v551ia

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:38 pm

In the US, WhoNA said they've reached out to Seven20 about the figure, but haven't heard anything back yet.
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Out of curiosity I decided to do some digging and see if I could find out anything and I did turn up something interesting via some of my contacts, I won't post the whole thing as there is alot of back and forth and also personal info but there are three excerpts which are certainly interesting.

Now I stress to add that this info is coming through a contact of a contact (and then for all I know more people) so I can't verify it but as usual I have no reason to doubt the person that's told me this, here is what's been said to them re the future 5.5" range. Whilst this information does seem to be more "americanised" I have been informed this does relate to the CO range and not a possible Seven20 range.

Firstly some info about WHEN we might hear something :

"...from what I know the powers that be are holding off on releasing any information about the toys until either the new season has begun airing or after it has aired. Due to the late air date this year it's speculated that the newer range of figures and accessories will be announced during the season but not released until the late fourth quarter so as to generate maximum revenue for the holiday period"

And secondly about what we might be getting

"The 13 figure is a given, along with her TARDIS it seems that these will be released together in a single set however other variants may be released single card alongside companion figures. There is also mention of releasing the companions as separate a three pack set.
{NAME REMOVED} also informed me that the budget has also been allocated for a playset with lights and sounds, no more has been said on this but if this is related to a new console set then it's likely more information will be known about this by Q1 2019. There is a set marked for a possible sale price of $49.99 however this may related back to the first set mentioned as the re-released Tenth Doctor playlist sold for a similar retail price"

And lastly who might be getting these sets

"...as for retailers, there is no allocation for a single retailer for general items however "exclusive" variants sold through a single retailer are a high possibility and with Toys R Us now out of the picture various tenders from others are being considered, with the idea being to once again see Doctor Who merchandise more on shelves than on a webpage"

Again I can't verify the source of this information myself I've heard it through someone whose never knowingly fed me false information so I'm inclined to believe this is what they've been told and personally from how it all reads it certainly seems like it's come from a "business" source.

EndlessTimelord

Postby EndlessTimelord » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:59 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:Out of curiosity I decided to do some digging and see if I could find out anything and I did turn up something interesting via some of my contacts, I won't post the whole thing as there is alot of back and forth and also personal info but there are three excerpts which are certainly interesting.

Now I stress to add that this info is coming through a contact of a contact (and then for all I know more people) so I can't verify it but as usual I have no reason to doubt the person that's told me this, here is what's been said to them re the future 5.5" range. Whilst this information does seem to be more "americanised" I have been informed this does relate to the CO range and not a possible Seven20 range.

Firstly some info about WHEN we might hear something :

"...from what I know the powers that be are holding off on releasing any information about the toys until either the new season has begun airing or after it has aired. Due to the late air date this year it's speculated that the newer range of figures and accessories will be announced during the season but not released until the late fourth quarter so as to generate maximum revenue for the holiday period"

And secondly about what we might be getting

"The 13 figure is a given, along with her TARDIS it seems that these will be released together in a single set however other variants may be released single card alongside companion figures. There is also mention of releasing the companions as separate a three pack set.
{NAME REMOVED} also informed me that the budget has also been allocated for a playset with lights and sounds, no more has been said on this but if this is related to a new console set then it's likely more information will be known about this by Q1 2019. There is a set marked for a possible sale price of $49.99 however this may related back to the first set mentioned as the re-released Tenth Doctor playlist sold for a similar retail price"

And lastly who might be getting these sets

"...as for retailers, there is no allocation for a single retailer for general items however "exclusive" variants sold through a single retailer are a high possibility and with Toys R Us now out of the picture various tenders from others are being considered, with the idea being to once again see Doctor Who merchandise more on shelves than on a webpage"

Again I can't verify the source of this information myself I've heard it through someone whose never knowingly fed me false information so I'm inclined to believe this is what they've been told and personally from how it all reads it certainly seems like it's come from a "business" source.

Interesting! Shame theres no mention of monsters though "You can't have one without the other" ;) but still exciting! Especially the Playset :)

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:04 pm

EndlessTimelord wrote:Shame theres no mention of monsters though "You can't have one without the other" ;) but still exciting! Especially the Playset :)

That was my first thought about the monsters but to be fair if there's no returning monsters and they're all new perhaps they're waiting to see the reactions they get to decide which ones to make? I know people want figures left right and centre but personally I'd rather have few figures but good ones rather than loads of figures but lots of "Lazlos" :lol:

EndlessTimelord

Postby EndlessTimelord » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:09 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
EndlessTimelord wrote:Shame theres no mention of monsters though "You can't have one without the other" ;) but still exciting! Especially the Playset :)

That was my first thought about the monsters but to be fair if there's no returning monsters and they're all new perhaps they're waiting to see the reactions they get to decide which ones to make? I know people want figures left right and centre but personally I'd rather have few figures but good ones rather than loads of figures but lots of "Lazlos" :lol:

Very true, plus with the playset coming out January time I guess they can release some monsters then? Who knows! But this has got me hyped if it is true :)

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:07 pm

EndlessTimelord wrote:Very true, plus with the playset coming out January time I guess they can release some monsters then? Who knows! But this has got me hyped if it is true :)

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much yet, there's no actual confirmation on a playset from what I can see, just that it's a possibility that's being budgeted for, AND it's only saying IF there is one then more information will be known about in the first quarter, which would be more likely a press release rather than an actual release date.

Alternatively for all we know it could be a re-release of The Eleventh Doctor's playset but with lights and sounds given that they mention The Tenth Doctor re-release going for the same price.
I think it's best to just wait and see rather than assume, I mean the last time that happened people assumed it was certain we were getting a new Capaldi TARDIS playset and it was just a re-release of The Tenth Doctor's one.

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:55 am

CaptainJimiPie wrote:Firstly some info about WHEN we might hear something :

This seems a bit stupid to me. Why can't they atleast release a 5.5" figure of 13th and the TARDIS in time for the Series, when the maximum interest is there? I mean, I'm fine with the rest of that IF true, but seriously? At this rate we'll probably get the Seven20 5.5" figure before CO actually releases any 5.5" figures.

CaptainJimiPie wrote:And secondly about what we might be getting

Hmmm, seems plausible. Though one thing that strikes me as odd is the idea there isn't any mention of any monsters or foes, but there is a mention of a playset. I'd have though a foe or two was a given, as, you know...

"The monsters and the Doctor. It seems you cannot have one without the other."

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:07 pm

It's a tangled web for sure, I've read through all that and I still have no idea if there are figures definitely coming, no figures coming, if we don't know, if they're secretly making an action figure of me, who knows?

I hope we get some news that I understand soon. I mean it's not as if I already spent £70 on action figures over the past month or anything.

Return to “5" Figures”