Emperor Omegas Customs

ToyBoxOfRassilon

Re: Emperor Omegas Customs

Post by ToyBoxOfRassilon »

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:05 pm
Apparently that is why they made it silver, because it didn't look right black, even though it was black. Which I thought was strange logic until I saw that picture and yeah, I get it now, that doesn't look right
I mean, fair enough if that IS why but... on this rerelease I wish it was a factory mistake and not a conscious choice this time round! :cry:

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

ToyBoxOfRassilon wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:08 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:05 pm
Apparently that is why they made it silver, because it didn't look right black, even though it was black. Which I thought was strange logic until I saw that picture and yeah, I get it now, that doesn't look right
I mean, fair enough if that IS why but... on this rerelease I wish it was a factory mistake and not a conscious choice this time round! :cry:
I’m not really sure quite what to say about that, I mean it’s one thing where you need to take a little artistic licence due to constraints but it’s like this because someone didn’t like the authentic replication of the on screen look so changed the colour as a personal preference rather than a limitation of e.g. a mould?

If that is the case then nobody can really have any complaints about any release not matching what’s on screen as that is not the intent, rather it’s to produce what is felt to be the most aesthetically pleasing given the available moulds.

Actually, looking at it from that perspective is probably quite a healthy approach as now the only criticism anyone can have is that one persons personal preference does match their own.

I’m actually looking at my collection in quite a new light.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Seriously, I feel like I’ve had a ‘road to Damascus’ moment - in viewing these as ‘inspired by the BBC TV series’ rather than ‘screen accurate replicas’ I’ve not complaints about anything, and instead am actually quite super excited by it all, it feels like I have a whole new collection.

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega »

I was not expecting to trigger an epiphany, just by changing the colour of a Dalek gunstick. :shock:

Still, I'm sure it's not the strangest cause of enlightenment this world's ever seen. :P :)

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

I should probably also add I’ve just discovered the new coffee, caramel and chocolate flavoured Guiness - couple of those and everything is right with the world :D

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Bundesrat wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:05 pm
Seriously, I feel like I’ve had a ‘road to Damascus’ moment - in viewing these as ‘inspired by the BBC TV series’ rather than ‘screen accurate replicas’ I’ve not complaints about anything, and instead am actually quite super excited by it all, it feels like I have a whole new collection.
I distinctly remember how some people moaned when the Morbius Monster was released as it visually smoothed over several "it's a costume" tics - But I remember loving how that, Bok, Stor/Stike and the Sea Devil looked so wonderfully alien and less like "A guy in a mask/zip outfit" regardless of angle. Agreed, sometimes an "exact replica" is worth bypassing for "Clearly leaving out what were limitations of the show/available resources".

EDIT: And then there's "Warriors of the Deep"- Silurians onscreen? They look and move kinda silly. Silurians via Character? Wonderful. Definitely made me think how even with as much forgiveness as I extend any era of the show for "limitations vs Story/concept on offer", maybe I was wrong/too harsh on this concept due to its realization/parent story.

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega »

Well, this is rare.

I actually completed a custom of a Companion.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you; Vislor Turlough.

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega »

And here's Turlough with the Doctor & my stand in for... The Accursed One.

Before anyone asks:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/42848

KingYcranos

Post by KingYcranos »

Emperor Omega wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:01 pm
And here's Turlough with the Doctor & my stand in for... The Accursed One.

Before anyone asks:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/42848

That's a surprisingly good stand-in
Did someone say Foamasi?

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega »

Managed to get the NiS Cyberman Kit by Gallifrey Customs, Supreme Customs & Toybox of Rassilon.